Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the Question is if i get a inspection from the bafte to look at my C&R guns and documention and they what to look at all the guns that i have, do i have to show them to them. how do i confirm to them that any guns i have before i got the license was not purchased after i have the license.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Re: question about C&R

Usually BATFE just wants to see your C&R collection, check it against your boundbook, and make sure everything is secure. Non C&R firearms shouldn't come into play whatsoever.
As far as Pre=License C&R firearms, you should (hopefully) have kept reciepts to prove the purchase dates. You may want to shoot an email off to BATFE and ask what to do if you don't have those reciepts.

·
Long Arm of the Law
630 Posts

Anything to cause a C&R inspection to take place? ie..several guns bought at once or in a short time frame for example.

G

·

most of the above is not correct ,batf has no method of keeping track of your purchases by volume or for that matter, at all.you have no obligation to even think about prior ,buys. just keep up your "book " up to date .dont buy to sell !.and you might have a random call ,a verry unlikly event .have had mine 15-18 yrs with no contact.except a cd i got 3 weeks ago {keep that in your bound book as it replaces all those books you have now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks for the information. If for any reason they do come and inspect if i keep my pre gun collection seperate from the ones i buy after i get the license will they want to see all the guns that i have or just the ones that are in the logged in the book.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts

I think legally they can only check your C&R guns that are in the book. If the purpose of the visit is to verify C&R book keeping,.. they would have no reason or need to see anything else.

I am not a lawyer, you may want to consult one prior to any anticipated or unanticipated inspection to make absolutely sure.

·
Banned
2,485 Posts

I have been audited and all they look for is to see if the guns in your bound book match the guns in your collection, if you had C&R guns before your licensure, then make sure that you can provide documentation showing when they were bought. if you don't have reciepts or transfer papers showing that they were acquired prior to licensure then just add them from personal collection into your bound book and all will be legal. I was only audited after buying a crate of Mosin's and 35 other C&R guns in a one month period last year. After that audit I then bought 2 more crates of Mosins on the same day a few months later and was not audited.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts