Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy question. Waiting on my 995TS to show up and already buying accessories for it. Really like the look of compensators on the end.

will ANY threaded compensator fit? I assume they just screw on? Yes, total noob question.

seen the ones on down range but want to look at more options. Any good suggestions?
Thanks!

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
New guy question. Waiting on my 995TS to show up and already buying accessories for it. Really like the look of compensators on the end.

will ANY threaded compensator fit? I assume they just screw on? Yes, total noob question.

seen the ones on down range but want to look at more options. Any good suggestions?
Thanks!
As long as the threads match and it's the right caliber...

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
Well that's my question then I guess. What thread specification do I need to search for?
Did you buy one with the threaded barrel, because hi point lists the exact threads they put on their carbines if you check their webpage.

If you did get one with the threaded barrel, it will be threaded in 1/2 × 28...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you buy one with the threaded barrel, because hi point lists the exact threads they put on their carbines if you check their webpage.

If you did get one with the threaded barrel, it will be threaded in 1/2 × 28...
Not sure, it's in mandatory waiting period purgatory right now. Thanks for giving me the spec! Any favorite options?

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
Not sure, it's in mandatory waiting period purgatory right now. Thanks for giving me the spec! Any favorite options?
I picked up the HP clamp on style for my 4095 back in 2013...

I run the A2 birdcage on my AR's, and the new AR10 is a 24" match barrel monster with no threads and a target crown soI'm probably not the guy to ask...

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
We have (had) somebody here who put the 'birdcage' style on his carbine and his groups opened up significantly.
Shoot without first so you have a baseline.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I put a birdcage type on mine. I did have to drill it out to a large enough diameter as it was made for 5.56 not 9mm.
No accuracy issues from mine.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
I picked up the HP clamp on style for my 4095 back in 2013...

I run the A2 birdcage on my AR's, and the new AR10 is a 24" match barrel monster with no threads and a target crown soI'm probably not the guy to ask...
You building a Mosin AR?

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
You building a Mosin AR?
Poor man's SR25 clone. 24" match grade SS bull barrel, A2 stock with heavy rifle buffer, free float 15.5" Odinworks hand guard, AP LR308 receivers, original DPMS full weight BCG.

·
Premium Member
21,140 Posts
We have (had) somebody here who put the 'birdcage' style on his carbine and his groups opened up significantly.
Opened up? :confused:Or tightened up?

·
Premium Member
21,140 Posts
Opened up? :confused:Or tightened up?

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
HTA stock and put the birdcage on and went from 2-6 inch groups of I recall correctly.
Could it have been the stock?

Reactions: TNTRAILERTRASH

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts