Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you paint the reciever cover or the barrel or the muzzle brake, which ALL look tarnished, make sure you use a High temp paint. You can use a "Grill" as in BBQ grill paint that you can get at home depot or any simular place, or Automotive "exhaust header" paint that you can get at most auto part stores.

Or there is always Duracoat!!
Chef, good post I was looking for this advice. I know from post's on the forum that the compensator's may be an odd color tint, so I was thinking of painting mine, plus the laser holder and the laser body at least the rear of the tube past the controls, I doubt I could match the gun properly so I will make them look like a matched set attached to it.
Have you used the high temp Auto header paint, how does it stand up to wear and tear, cleaning?
I know the Cameo paints hold up well if I want to use dk green or tan, but they do not come in the color I want as far as i know, possibly Dark red or burgundy if it's available. So the auto store may be an option.
What the best way to prep the surface of the metal parts, the plastic parts if I paint them?
Thanks for any info.
Ronco

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks Guys for the response, I had thought about using Krylon Fusion paint for Plastic and metal that you can buy at Wally World, but figured the Auto Header paint would stand up better to any thing I can do to it.
Now I got to check out an acceptable 995 accent color scheme at the Auto store.
Ronco

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.