Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just moved out of my home state and I am wondering about shipping my firearms to my new place. I did not bring them with me due to flying and could not pack them in my vehicle due to shipping regulations. My question is, can I FedEx or UPS my firearms to my new address unassembled or do I need to ship to and from an FFL? Not sure about the rules on this, just thought I would post and see what you all thought. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I would think you could Fed Ex them just like when you send them in for repair. I just Fed Ex mine to HP and did what they suggest and wrote machine parts on the package. I'm not sure why you could not transport them with you though. Federal law states firearms can be transported as long as ammo is separate. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
BATFE regulation state that as long as you are legal where you used to live, and are legal where you plan to live, you can transport said firearms in between as long as they are unloaded, cases and properly secured.

SW

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The shipping company had written in the contract no firearms. They said it was due to the possibility of being searched by local/state police or dot if stopped or weighed, which is why I could not put them in my Jeep when it was shipped.

I thought about FedEx, and that was the advise of the local gun store back home, but they couldn't say for sure if it was ok to do so.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
(B9) May a nonlicensee ship firearms interstate for his or her use in hunting or other lawful activity? [Back]

Yes. A person may ship a firearm to himself or herself in care of another person in the State where he or she intends to hunt or engage in any other lawful activity. The package should be addressed to the owner. Persons other than the owner should not open the package and take possession of the firearm.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#b7

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the direction on this. The whole shipping to another state deal is new to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.