Question about sling/swivel

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Rinoia75, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Rinoia75

Rinoia75 Member

Hi.

If this is already posted, I apologize. I have been looking thru the threads, and I haven't seen anything. Has anyone moved the nut/swivel on their 995TS so its on the left side of the gun? If you have, can you explain how you get the nut side out and what tools you used to do it? Thanks in advance. First post I've made here.

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah

Yes, some that don't understand how a PCC carbine is operated have done it.

The problem is, now your bolt handle digs into you when you sling the gun.

Of course, if all you want is a better shooting sling, it will work for that.

What you do is partially unscrew the swivel, then push it in to drive the nut out the other side, then finish unscrewing it. Swap the nut to the other side, and screw the swivel in from the other, other side...viola!

Rerun likes this.

3. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I understand how they operate, I've done it, and my bolt handle does not dig in to me because I understand the concept behind using a single point sling.

I guess some people understand more than others. :D

Rerun likes this.
  4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Darned straight.;)

I didn't want to go down the "wanna-be operator" pathway.:p

And yes....my 4595 is still on a single point sling.:eek:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  5. Vanguard-HP

Vanguard-HP Member

Mounting sling on right side.

Have you tried this on the carbine tactical stocks? I want to mount the sling on the LEFT side of a 995TS just to improve the use of the sling; not for carrying the gun with the sling. Those little round nuts are pressed in pretty tight. I was planning to press/tap them out using a longer bolt as a substitute instead of the swivel. But concerned that it might split or break the plastic stock. Your opinion? Thanks. (11/26/16: I just amended my post. I meant mount the sling on the LEFT side not right side.)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  6. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Works the same on the Classic and the TS, VG-HP :D

:welcome:vanguard-hp!!!

7. Rachgier

It won't break or split anything. Just do it. I screwed the swivel in to the nut from the outside, pulled the nut out, stuck it in the left side, then snugged it all down with the swivel.

daveindenver likes this.
  8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Yep, it works, no sweat.:)

9. It took some work for me, using the swivel bolt and some punches. If not careful you could eff it up, but just take your time and you should be okay. Of note, when you move the nut thingies to the other side of the stock, you lose a lot of stability because the hole is wider on the side you pulled it out of originally. I have a feeling I am going to ditch the whole HP system and come up with another option entirely.

10. Rachgier

Why did you use punches? It was literally as simple as unscrewing the swivel bolt enough to allow the nut to be pressed damn near out with simple hand pressure. I used my palm and squeezed. Then I finished unscrewing the swivel bolt, screwed it back in to the nut and pulled it the rest of the way out and with the swivel bolt still partially screwed in used hand pressure again to pop it in to the opposite side. I didn't lose any stability or compression on the stock.

5E7F3185-orig.jpg
    59CD38FF-orig_zps3e4642cb.jpg

daveindenver and Rerun like this.
  11. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Yeah...I'm not seeing any loss of stability at all, on the TS or the old monkey guns. Not sure....but I THINK the holes were all the same size, or close enough that I didn't think twice about it.

12. Pistolkitty

Pistolkitty Supporting Member

Pulling up a zombie to ask my own question about a sling swivel. :mummy:

I grabbed anew sling for my 20 gauge- h&r pardner pump.
    Rear swivel fits just fine, front one is too small for the sling thingie. Could I take it off and attempt to drill the hole bigger with my drill press? Or is that stupid and should I just get a different swivel and/or a different sling?

13. Rachgier

You know you need to provide pics, young lady.

Pistolkitty likes this.
  14. Pistolkitty

I am not home but I will try to provide when I get there.

15. Rachgier

Now is it an older shotgun with a wooden stock and a screw in sling stud?

16. Pistolkitty

No, its a brand new pardner pump, synthetic stock. Front swivel is on the end of the mag tube.

17. Pistolkitty

No, its a brand new pardner pump, synthetic stock. Front swivel is on the end of the mag tube.

18. Dad_Roman

Dad_Roman Supporting Member

Kinda have to weigh it out. Drill press work/get a quick part off ebay.

...I usually go the ebay route

...I should add, yea, I got all that crap and yea, Im pretty fair with it.

Still the quick ebay route and back to work. Before ya know it, problem solved!

19. Public_Domain

Public_Domain Member

I have modded the old Rossi/NEF sling studs by drilling them out with a drill press. These were the old style studs that held the forearm on.

20. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    That’s odd. I’d drill it...but it should fit.

moona11 likes this.
  21. Pistolkitty

20180608_210053_Burst01.jpg seems like the peg would fit in the hole, but it does not. Rear one fits fine.