Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that Hi Point doesn't recommend WWB and I know that some 995's love it and some hate it. What I wondering is that there a pattern to which ones love it and which ones hate it. Maybe it has to with older ones or newer ones. Has anyone done a poll of which series likes WWB and which ones don't? Just curious, I bought my first box of WWB to test out hopefully tomorrow.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
I know that Hi Point doesn't recommend WWB and I know that some 995's love it and some hate it. What I wondering is that there a pattern to which ones love it and which ones hate it. Maybe it has to with older ones or newer ones. Has anyone done a poll of which series likes WWB and which ones don't? Just curious, I bought my first box of WWB to test out hopefully tomorrow.
my 995 is at least 5 years old and i have never had a problem with WWB

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Whats the deal that they don't reccomend WWB ammo there was no warnings to that effect with mine. more info please? Why? --RR--

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Whats the deal that they don't reccomend WWB ammo there was no warnings to that effect with mine. more info please? Why? --RR--
--RR--

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
WWB is what is left over after winchester has completed runs of "premium" ammo and military contract runs or facotry seconds that have been passed for premium status. ive had up to three diferent headstamps (winchester civi, cross and circle nato and WCC) in a single 100 round bulk pack. it is generally slightly out of spec in one way or another and defects are common. ive found empty cases, dented cases, bullets in backwards, no primer, no flash hole in the case (that was fun when i pulled the trigger) and multiple "visual defiencies" It is safe to shoot but possibly will be innacurate, cause feeding or extraction problems and is inconsistent compared to other ammo.

it the bottom of the barrel as far as quality goes for factory american ammo. ive seen wolf that was worse but it was a horse race which was which.

SW

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
WWB is what is left over after winchester has completed runs of "premium" ammo and military contract runs or facotry seconds that have been passed for premium status. ive had up to three diferent headstamps (winchester civi, cross and circle nato and WCC) in a single 100 round bulk pack. it is generally slightly out of spec in one way or another and defects are common. ive found empty cases, dented cases, bullets in backwards, no primer, no flash hole in the case (that was fun when i pulled the trigger) and multiple "visual defiencies" It is safe to shoot but possibly will be innacurate, cause feeding or extraction problems and is inconsistent compared to other ammo.

it the bottom of the barrel as far as quality goes for factory american ammo. ive seen wolf that was worse but it was a horse race which was which.

SW
I always wondered why it was so cheap at walmart. I've never had a problem with it in my 995, but I bet I will now, now that I know it sucks

·
Registered
41 Posts
The stuff can get stuck in the chamber of any gun. I had a Sig P239 that got a case of WWB stuck in the chamber. I think it must have been a little bulged to begin with and I didn't notice it when I stuck it into the magazine. Good idea to inspect each WWB round before loading it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
well so far all i have fed thro my 995 has been WWB and only had one missfire due 2 a bent case. didnt see it until it didnt fire. u could hardly see it but was enough 2 make it missfire. so now i realy check out my WWB ammo

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
All my guns eat it up. My 4095 loves it.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
also dont make the mistake of calling the 50 round boxes "WWB" that is from winchesters standard line. WWB is the bulk packs of 100 or 250 rounds. the 50 round boxes are just regular production, not the seconds and leftovers i described above.

SW

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
WOW! How can any industry in today legal lawyer bound system sell "seconds" in ammo. backward bullets .no flash hole in the case, seems these type things would be a lawsuit waiting to happen. i know the stuff has been flying off the shevles,--RR--

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
no different than black hills, ultramax or any other maker selling seconds. you buy it knowing there may be a problem with some rounds. win doesnt advertise it that way but if you ask thats what they tell you. ive ben good freinds with an enginner at winchester/olin for a long time.

SW

1 - 15 of 15 Posts