Question for Hoosiers

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by gunnut, Apr 10, 2008.

1. gunnut

gunnut Member

Indy
    Do you know of any good places around central Indiana to shoot indoor?outdoor? My range fee where I go has skyrocketed. Thanks in advance.

2. there is one in pike co. but that is a little bit of a drive for you, but it is free and has 25, 50, 100, and 200 yd range, it is near the highway 61 and 64 intersection in Arthur Indiana,

3. the pike co one is sugar ridge, the minnehaha one is near Sullivan, has a 25, and a 100, but unless you are really, really hard up not worth the trip, has one bench per range last time i was there because someone shot holes through the 2nd one at the 25yd range,
    those are the only ones i have first hand experience with, but sugar ridge is nice

4. gunnut

gunnut Member

Indy
    The reason the fees went up where I go is that people have been shooting everything but the targets. It just opened last year in Camp Atterbury, and these A-holes are trying to ruin it for everybody. Thanks for the info guys.

5. GrOuNd_ZeRo

GrOuNd_ZeRo Gun Fanatic Member

Do ranges pick up bullets too? I guess you could recycle the lead and reduce costs of rounds maybe? just a thought.

6. gunnut

gunnut Member

Indy
    I don't think I shoot enough to start reloading. It's a good thought though. Can you sell used brass? I mean do people buy it ?

7. GOOD GOD, A FREE RANGE!!!!!!!