Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mods....if this is in the worng place please move. Thanks

I have recently signed up for the NRA as it is a requirement for the local rifle and pistol club that i have joined. My question is: How long does it take to the application to go through and for you to recieve your membership info? What do you get for joining? Thanks!

·
Registered
431 Posts
When I joined it took about a month to get my membership package. When I joined I received two window decals and a hat plus the subscription to a magazine. I chose the American Rifleman. That was a while ago however and not recent.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Same as above but I am a life member, so it was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. The bumper stickers burned off my X Wing on my first entry in to the atmosphere and Darth Vader stole my hat. Said it matched his mask and cape, or something like that.

I still get the mags though.

G

·
I am a lifer as well. I got a pocket knife, hat and the American Rifleman 2 stickers, 1 was for your windshield and one for the rear window. Membership card and some other stuff.

G

·
Similar to the above! It is worth it, you get some great material and all sorts of little perks when dealing with firearms from a lot of places. Although these perks are unadvertised, just more of favors some gun shops do for being an NRA Member.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
If you sign up online and pay with a credit card you are a member immediately! the email receipt you get is your proof! You get your member packet in a few weeks!

·
Registered
959 Posts
I signed up back during the "Charlton Heston Silver Bullet Brigade" promotion, several years ago...

I recieved a membership card, stickers, a bullet keychain engraved with Charlton Hestons signature, and a subscription to teh magazine. then I realized exactly how many of our rights they were willing to negotiate away, and how many more they are willing to today, and I haven't been able to bring myself to do it again.

·
Registered
302 Posts
As above, about one month. Received two window decals, a range bag and assorted club info. I've been paying $25 a month towards a life membership.

G

·
Got a hat, two bumper stickers, and an AWESOME, ROCKIN' free multi-tool with pliers, two knives, a saw, a can opener, a screw driver with 8 interchangable heads...etc.

This thing is like a swiss army knife on steroids!!!!! Comes in a great holster with a pocket on the side for your screw driver heads.

AWESOME. I saw one JUST like it at Gander Mountain this weekend for 70 bucks.

But I had to ask for the multi-tool by name. It wasn't automatically included. But if you ask, they'll send it to you. It's way cool. I carry it in my gun bag and I've used it for a lot of stuff from toenails to taking my son's Red Ryder apart to fix it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
very cool. THanks for all the help.

When i joined my local rifle and pistol club, i had to also join the NRA as the range is sactioned or governed by them or somehitng. My dad informend me that his father (now deceased) would be VERY VERY proud of me for joining the NRA. Apparently my grandfather was a card carrying member and proud of it for most of his life. I never got to meet him but once and i was very young so hopefully he will be proud of me joining.

G

·
I knew this would eventually become a hot topic. Don't forget the original post...

"My question is: How long does it take to the application to go through and for you to recieve your membership info? What do you get for joining?"

I too have mixed emotions, but that is for another thread.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'm simply on the fence watching here.
This could become akin to politics or religion, as so many different passionate views come into play.
I'm not saying either way on the "selling out" question, I'll simply say I used to be a member, but now I'm not.
My reasons are my own, and need not be presented here.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.