Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 995 yesterday and installed the ATI stock. I had to drill the front mounting bolt holes and I wasn't going to mess around with the receiver cover and a file so I brought out the big gun. (Bridgeport)

My question is, the bi-pod I bought will not mount to the swivel on the ATI stock. It has to be bolted through the stock. How do I get that swivel out without damaging the stock so that I can send a bolt up through there?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Congratulations on the 995 and ATI stock. With regards to the sling swivel stud. You can use a piece of steel rod though the hole as a t-handle and then unscrew it. Or the shaft of a small philips screwdriver will work too. The only problem is once its removed the mounting hole is not flush with the stock. So you may have to grind it down to get a tight fit on the bi-pod.

Walt

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad I could help. Just curious what brand of Bi-pod did you get?
I got the 20.95 special from tactical4u dot com (i think). It is a Harris fixed 6-9 inch clone. I removed the swivel, drilled out the remaining hole, and drilled out the threaded hole on the bi-pod, then installed it with a black cap head that was about 1 inch long with a nyloc (got these from Ace for a buck and a half or so).

Here is a pic of the gun just setting on the bi-pod before installation.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Thanks for the info.

Ordered one. Should be here this week.

FYI- Didn't have the XD Tactical but had XDM40's. Very accurate but too many problems. (Should have gotten XD40's instead.) My old JCP40 was far more reliable. Hopefully the new JCP40 will be just as good. My XDM9 was great out of the box. Sorry I had to sell it.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info.

Ordered one. Should be here this week.

FYI- Didn't have the XD Tactical but had XDM40's. Very accurate but too many problems. (Should have gotten XD40's instead.) My old JCP40 was far more reliable. Hopefully the new JCP40 will be just as good. My XDM9 was great out of the box. Sorry I had to sell it.
When your bi-pod arives you may find that the two rivets on the mounting base that retain the small threaded plate are loose to the point where they might fall out. This is OK, and easily fixed by mounting a 3 inch long 5/16ths bolt vertically in a vice (crank it in there tight). Ust the head of the bolt for a rest, and set the big end of the rivet on the bolt head, then smack the other end of the rivet with a hammer and a flat ended pin punch (about 3/16 to 1/4 inch punch will do). Smack it once and then check it. You do not want to over do it.

That is how I mushroomed both of the loose rivets on my bi-pod.

Once they are mushroomed properly and the bi-pod is installed you will never have an issue with them again, and you will not even notice that there was a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts