Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a c995 carbine this morning with a BSA red dot for a cool buck twenty, the carbine is in great shape. I've noticed that the magazine will not seat unless the bolt is manually opened and the bolt itself will not remain open. Is this an easy DYI fix or is this send back to Hi Point fix?

Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
The bolt will not lock open on an empty mag. you must manually lock it by pushing the operating handle into the locking notch.

Ron M.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Yeah I would try pressing the mag release button and putting the mag in. Other than that I don't know, I know mine is finicky sometimes and just decides to do that. If you still can't figure it out you could always call Hi Point and they could probably help you out over the phone.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
ahh....okay....second problem solved.....any idea about the mag not seating on a closed bolt?
Be sure to only load the mag with the bolt closed.
Loading it with the bolt open can bend the firing pin. I should know, I did it 3 times & then had to replace my firing pin because it was bent so bad.

·
Registered
221 Posts
You may need to check out the catch on the release button ( the part that snags on the magazine to hold it in). My 4095 does that sometimes and I have to push the button in and "snap" it to get it to return far enough out. Probably either a weak spring or an alignment problem inside the mag chamber.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ahh....okay....second problem solved.....any idea about the mag not seating on a closed bolt?
Be sure to only load the mag with the bolt closed.
Loading it with the bolt open can bend the firing pin. I should know, I did it 3 times & then had to replace my firing pin because it was bent so bad.
good advice....but unless the bolt is open that mag will not seat. I've tried to load the mag with the bolt closed and holding the mag release and it will simply not seat the mag. Pull the bolt back and it seats properly. I member over on XDtalk posted this morning that the problem I'm having was caused an issue with stock, early models were notorious for causing the issued I'm having and to call hi point to have a new stock sent. Can anyone here with more experience with hi points confirm this? This would make sense as I believe the hi point I picked up is an earlier model 995. I may just send it back with the bent firing pin issue, or just drive there....their facility is less then an hour from my house.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
I say drive there to drop it off with a note & your info.
Then, while your there, ask them about the 4595. See if they'll let you hold it, fondle it & take some pictures of it ;)
Then ask them when the 4595 will be available & when the new stock will be for sale for the 995 & 4095.
Then you can beg them for all of us here on the forum for "First Dibs" on them when they come out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I say drive there to drop it off with a note & your info.
Then, while your there, ask them about the 4595. See if they'll let you hold it, fondle it & take some pictures of it ;)
Then ask them when the 4595 will be available & when the new stock will be for sale for the 995 & 4095.
Then you can beg them for all of us here on the forum for "First Dibs" on them when they come out.
hahaha...will do...while I'm there I'll see if they let me ride the unicorn they have in the stable out back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts