Question on Charging Handles

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Zeus, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Good morning all,

I was wondering if anyone knew what differences there in the charging handles from model to model. I noticed Longshot and other manufacturers have different handles for different models and some include a bolt and some do not. I was wondering what changes there are from the classix to the TS and if there's any difference from caliber to caliber.

Thanks,
    Zak

2. hckeynut15

hckeynut15 Member

Down Range Handles

Bought my red spool on ebay for I think 12.99. Used the standard bolt and just replaced the stock nub...

Picture shows the progression of my build...

Nice addition to the gun!

Attached Files:

3. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

As far as I know the, the factory charging handle will work in all the carbines. Now matter what caliber.

4. From what it looks like all of the TS handles are interchangeable. It's the older 995 and 40 that have a different setup. Not sure if someone could verify this.

5. MachoMelvin

I will try to look tomorrow for you. I had not noticed any difference as I looked before?

6. MachoMelvin

I am working on a 4095TS. I put the full length top rail on, I recently received the full barrel shroud & brass mag safety & brass charging handle to put on yet.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  7. Hansj3

Hansj3 Supporting Member

I bought the same $13 charging handle on eBay.except mine is oversize and knerled. I've got a 995 classic.

8. MachoMelvin

I have all of the carbines, but I am only modifying a few of them.

Attached Files:

9. hckeynut15

hckeynut15 Member

Barrel cover

Macho, which cover did you go with?

10. B_Cassidy

B_Cassidy Member

11. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    The only real difference I see is the hex head OEM style bolt, vs the allen wrench style inset into the handle, to prevent pinching.

[​IMG]

12. Ahh thank you guys for the help.

13. Hansj3

Hansj3 Supporting Member

I bought from him, the cheaper version of the same thing. It rocks

14. MachoMelvin

If you are speaking of the barrel shroud, I got the full length shroud, I'll use without the front OEM sight.
    I am going to set mine up with the full length top rail with front & rear flip up sights, and a red dot scope. I should have some time this weekend to complete this mod.

15. hckeynut15

hckeynut15 Member

Down Range Handles

Agree with the down range handles! Nice product, doesn't break the bank, and allows you to customize even in the colors. Love mine.

16. hckeynut15

hckeynut15 Member

Cover / shroud

Yeah, they call them covers on Amazon and Ebay (legal thing - can't call them shrouds for some reason).

I did the same thing. Bought the shroud, top rail, bottom rail all from amazon (longshots). Removed the old rails/sights and set up with flip up sights and cowitness with the red/green dot. This really made the gun look pretty mean. I love it!

Attached Files:

17. :cool::cool::cool:

Looks great. Kind of what I have in mind for mine save for a front mounted light and maybe a bi-pod.