Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 995B in an ATI stock. As I've mentioned on this forum before, I have three mags...the original shipped with the gun worked flawlessly, all the time, every time. But the two extra mags I bought from HP had never worked. I would always get a stovepipe or some other jam on the second round. I had tied all the tips on the forum...stored the mags loaded, checked the lip dimensions and adjusted them, but nothing seemed to work.

This weekend, all three mags were working flawlessly, every time. The ony thing I did different this weekend compared to usual was I made a point of holding the bolt open while I inserted and seated the mag. Normally I do that with the bolt closed (yes, I know I shouldn't because of the exposed firing pin, but i do!).

So, could this really make the difference between all the trouble i usually have with these two mags and the way they performed this weekend. Just inserting the mags with the bold locked open?

Just curious if anyone else has observed this.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I always release the bolt before I insert a new magazine. If you look down the the grip while the bolt is closed the firing pin is protected inside the bolt, but if you hold the bolt open and look it is very much exposed, a lot of firing pins break because people put the magazine in while the bolt is open.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts