Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to HPFF. I have been reading the great advice from everyone and decided to join.

I know that the firing pin breakage issue has been covered a zillion times.:dead: But, I got these new style ones late today.(right) They have a black coating and are different from the ones I got in May.(Left) I didn't have a good old style to check if the overall length of the pin is the same.

Does everyone with the 995TS have this one? Was it part of the fix for the LRHO? So the firing pin won't get bent when installing a mag with the bolt open.

It seems like the firing pin might be sitting back further when the bolt is open. But I can't be sure. Maybe just wishful thinking.

Thanks,

Walt

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anon626,

Thanks for the reply.

Guess I need to edit my post. Part of it got left off.

Was it part of the fix for the LRHO? So the firing pin won't get bent when installing a mag with the bolt open.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mine hasn't, I'm pretty sure the pin sits farther back from the magazine when putting in a mag.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine hasn't, I'm pretty sure the pin sits farther back from the magazine when putting in a mag.
Thanks for the reply.

I asked this question because my 995's seem to break firing pins when in the ATI stocks only.
The Tech said it's due to the stiffness of the ATI stock. But the TS seems to be almost as rigid.
Would be curious to know if anyone with the TS stock is getting more than 300-500 rounds out of a firing pin. (Per Range Session.)

Everyone wants to shoot a box of ammo out of the 995. Including one guy with a Beretta Storm 40S&W. He just got his 995TS.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
The stiffer stock on the TS keeps the mag from going up in the mag well too far & hitting the firing pin.
They really should have taken care of that problem some time ago. At the least they could have edited the manual to say "Keep the Breach Closed when Inserting Magazine."

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The stiffer stock on the TS keeps the mag from going up in the mag well too far & hitting the firing pin.
They really should have taken care of that problem some time ago. At the least they could have edited the manual to say "Keep the Breach Closed when Inserting Magazine."
Agreed.

I recently added a small bumper at the rear of the mag well on my ATI stock to fix this. Plus it keeps the mag from rattling. Didn't help with reducing the firing pin breaking though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts