Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my C-9 I asked the dealer what his opinion on cleaning the gun was. Should I ignore Hi Point and break it down or just run a boresnake through it? He said don't break it down just use a boresnake. He suggested I use a product, "Hoppes Lubricating Oil" the one in the non-aerosol spray bottle. He said this would both clean and lubricate it. Is that true? Would you suggest I just use that product or should I buy some aerosol solvent too.

As I wrote the above, I thought of some other questions...

1. how would you guys suggest I use the boresnake? Today I just sprayed the snake down with Hoppes (both the brush section and the non-brush section) and ran it through the gun three times.

2. If I get the aerosol solvent do I spray it on the brush section of the snake or directly in the chamber?

3. Should I clean the boresnake between solvent/oil or just put solvent on the brushes and oil on the part without brushes?

4. If i do need to how do I clean the boresnake? I assume water would be a no-no.

5. Should I say screw the snake and buy a traditional cleaning kit? How has it worked for you?

Thanks for the help guys, I know I should have asked the dealer but I was just so excited to get out the door with my new friend!! :D

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
The Bire Snake will work for most cleanings, put some Hoppes #9 solvent on the brush section and a little bit of Hoppes oil on the little bump above that that does not have the pristles then pull it through a few times and good to go.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
what he said!

I use snake and traditional tools too. The rods, q-tips, pads will allow you to reach places a snake cannot get to.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Guess I'm old school on cleaning cuz I prefer a rod with brush and patches, q-tips, and toothpicks. Gunscrubber sparingly then CLP and a light wipe over with 3in1 oil to finish.

p.s. - I like the toothpicks to get into odd spaces because they wont mar any type of surface but don't wedge the toothpicks in tight unless you want to spend a lot of time digging the splinters back out.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I just use Hoppes #9 with bore brush then some kind of gun oil in barrel and outside gun...loike Rem. oil. Any gun oil will work, just to prevent any rust. Works good for me. I have learned NOT to take my HPs apart...just a simple cleaning with the bore brush and then gun oil for rust prevention.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts