Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So they define it by saying you can only have a gun that fires 1 round per trigger pull kind of thing.

What if you had a gun that had 3 triggers? let's say you took a normal trigger, chopped it cross-sectionally into 3 parts, separated by pins and tiny bushings, and you would have to pull all 3 to shoot the gun. Would a 3-shot burst then be legal?
the rest of the gun would be the same, with all 3 triggers releasing the same sear, but you would technically be pulling 3 triggers.

yay? nay?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Nope you would go to prison for a malfunctioning weapon as has already happened!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You would be in violation of converting the trigger group.

Ask yourself if it is worth 10 yr prison stretch in club fed. :roll:

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
+1

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I think you are right newskate. However correct me if I am wrong but the hellfire device is legal so we could discuss that correct?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Hellstorm legal? I've spent only a few mins looking about cause I do not know. But in that short walk, I found quite a few references to it NOT being legal, especially in PRC. I'm not an expert so don't take my word for it.

We typically refrain from talking about mods that are clearly not legal, and tread lightly on those that get close or have doubts about. Not my call cause I'm not an expert or a mod here. Just ringing the bell as a courtesy watch-out.

·
Registered
773 Posts
One word about getting around the fed regs on class 3 weapons:

DON'T.

Enough said.

·
Registered
905 Posts
You can make your own duplet and triplet rounds, thats legal.
2 to 3 rounds comming out per trigger pull, only out of the same cartidge.
Very legal but not easy. Millitary worked on the before.
Then you can make a stock for 2 rifles side my side. Someone made something like this for the Ruger lne of rifles. One trigger for 2 rifles. I can't find a link and have a screaming child with me so maybe later.

·
Registered
591 Posts
The Hellfire trigger system is perfectly legal and comes with a letter from the BATF proving it is perfectly legal. It isn't rocket science to educate yourself on the laws of the USA and know how to have a firearm that is perfectly legal. There is no reason to lock this thread.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
the military experimented with teh SCIMITAR and CAWS projects in the 80 using everything from flechettes to nested rings with razor edges to multiple nested blades. multiple projectiles are fine as lng as they all originate form one pull of the trigger.

SW

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Ok here is a link that describes the Hellfire Device and the fact that the company is out of business because of legal action.

http://www.ak-47.net/products/hellfire.html

While this device is technically legal I think it would set you up as a target for legal action if you were to use a weapon in self defense that was so equipped.

Just my 2 cents :wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok here is a link that describes the Hellfire Device and the fact that the company is out of business because of legal action.
It was basically a blanket lawsuit, probably included Nike for making his shoes and Taco Bell for feeding him lunch used in the crime.

This speaks more to a small company getting sued out of buisiness than it does to legality, but AS's advise on defending yourself with this is on the mark.

Easy enough to dupilikate if you want to play with this, just dont hurt anyone with it installed.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.