Questions about the 45

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by planosteve, Aug 9, 2014.

1. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I got rid of my SR 45 yesterday in a trade and now I am down to only my 4595, so I am thinking about getting a Hi Point pistol in 45 so I will have a spare 45. I called several pawn shops around here and they have used ones in stock so what do I need to look for in the 45 and what price point should I be looking at. I can pick up a new one for around $200.

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    In my AO, new JHPs are $179-199, used are $120, but I've seen a few recently up to $130.

Grab one and handle it. The grip is large, I have medium to large size gloves, the thing felt huge at first, but not too big. As I got used to it, it feels fine now. But it's definitely not going to handle like your Ruger did.;)

I haven't looked recently but Gunbroker might work for you, if you would take used. My green JCP was under $175, shipping and FFL included. It may have been used, but I couldn't see anything that looked like it.

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  4. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Woodbury's had them last month for $139, but now they are $149. I picked up the 40JCP for the $139. Pics of my 45 collection.

Attached Files:

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    What and where are Woodbury's?

6. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I paid $100 for mine used out of a pawnshop.
    It's not a pretty gun, it's big and it shoots well.
    'Upgradeable' with Mahan sights, Joey Keychain and ThingMeister grips.

7. MachoMelvin

They are an outdoor hunting supply store. They have 3 stores in Ohio. Maybe another 10 stores up & down the east coast? They run weekly & monthly specials on Hi Points all the time. Maybe 100 miles from MoM?

https://woodburyoutfitters.com/

8. mellon

mellon Member

How do I get a joey keychain

9. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

10. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Find a tread about triggers.

Find a post from Joey.

Read his sig.

Follow directions.

Done.

11. MachoMelvin

NICE job!!!

12. planosteve

I appreciate the info but I live near them and am still boycotting them for what they did after Sandy Hook. Which if you don't know they cancelled all AR and AK orders for customers that had already paid and then 3 days later all the guns were for sale again at twice the price.

13. planosteve

So for used I think I will try to get a pawnshop down on the price. Will go look next week after work.

14. tommy20/69

tommy20/69 Member

what ever price you pay for a used hihjpoint all you have to do is send it off to mom and she's have it looking brand new so don't worry about price or condition

15. bluharley

bluharley Member

No, I didn't know that.

16. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I figured that. There are some that would have jumped on you about suggesting anyone deal with CTD. Me, I despise them, but see no reason to be upset at those who don't. Yet.;)

17. planosteve

I can drive to CTD in about 15 minutes and went to the store just once. The employees were the rudest bunch of people I have ever seen in a gun store in my life. If someone ask me about them I will tell them why I do not do business with them. I will admit that currently their gun prices are good, but go look at the 22 lr prices. If walmart, academy, and cabelas can be reasonable so can CTD.

18. bluharley

bluharley Member

I didn't know they were brick and mortar, I thought they were just an online retailer. When I stumbled on them searching the internet, and saw a new .40 for less than $150, I thought I found a gold mine! The prices are really good, but I'm going to start combing the pawn shops and see what they have. I still might end up getting a c9 from them though, and maybe a carbine, and...etc. I'm on a really tight budget, so cheap is good!

19. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    I never found CTD to really be cheap. I have heard stories where the really good priced things are never delivered.

where in FL are you?