Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Anything but GLOCKS
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering how quiet the 40 S&W and 45 Auto carbines can be with handloads and still cycle? Not with a suppressor but with reduced "mouse fart" loads. I'd love to know before I pick one up. When I do see a Hi-Point they're all in 9mm.

·
Premium Member
9,318 Posts
Don’t know. All the Hi Point carbines I have experience with are the 995 and 3895. The 3895 is pretty quiet, at least as far as carbines go, and it functions just fine. But again, I am using full power ammunition in it as well.

I do doubt though that they would function with reduced loads. Most blowback firearms like full,power ammunition.

·
Registered
Anything but GLOCKS
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe I shouldn't have said mouse fart loads, more like standard loads reduced 10-15%. The 45 should be pretty quiet if I can ever find one. It runs about the same velocity and pressure as the 380 with a bigger bore to burn more gases.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
3 years ago I loaded up 300 Bunny Fart .45's with 4.4gr of 231. Still have 200 of them. They work in the light spring 1911's. In the 4595TS not so good, about a 10% fail. Not much quieter either.

·
Administrator
24,570 Posts
I've loaded from light to "look out" for my 4095. There may have been a measurable difference in the decibel level of the report when using a meter, but my ears only ever registered a normal strength bang.

Perhaps minimal loads and a blast forwarder might help? The forwarder will allow you to go with even lower pressure rounds due to the increased backpressure and redirecting the muzzle blast away from you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts