is this in humane

• no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • send me a rabbit

Votes: 0 0.0%
41 - 60 of 95 Posts

· Registered
247 Posts
so question; if the rabbit is on your property do you need a small game license to shoot it? or can you just kill it dead because it is on your land?
Well in california with stupid stuff like that it dont really matter. We have 50 achers that back up onto a national grass land and its so far from anywhere that no one cares what you do out there. Here in colorado I have heard that small animals like tweety birds squirls bunnys and foxes you can shoot anytime of the year. If Im wrong please correct me about the colorado small game law as I have only been out here 7months.

· Registered
410 Posts
Well in california with stupid stuff like that it dont really matter. We have 50 achers that back up onto a national grass land and its so far from anywhere that no one cares what you do out there. Here in colorado I have heard that small animals like tweety birds squirls bunnys and foxes you can shoot anytime of the year. If Im wrong please correct me about the colorado small game law as I have only been out here 7months.
When I was living out there in Broomfield I shot a squirl and a couple of rats. Nobody seemed to care. But they were getting into stuff.

· Registered
261 Posts
To those raised in the cities of this nation, this would sound inhumane. However, ANY farmer or rancher will tell you that rabbits, like armadillos, prairie dogs and other varmints, will very quickly destroy crops and valuable land.
I think this really says a lot. Many people don't know or understand how devastating a few varmits can be.

I don't have any issues with it, you have to do what you have to do, but Angoras man, you ought to be doing something with them at least. Trap some, shoot some, eat some. Whatever works, but those are expesive bunnies.

· Premium Member
5,172 Posts
I have 19 acres of land with a pond that is pretty well grown up with trees and brush, I enjoy the privacy.

We have a small herd of 5 or 6 deer that live a good part of the year on the property, and lots of rabbits.

I walk down to the mail box every evening and the deer will cross the trail from one side of the property to the other, and the same rabbits are usually sitting in the same spots, they just watch me go by and I find a strange pleasure in it.

Then I go to the rifle range and shoot the heck out of a target.

Don't take me wrong, I am not against killing, for example the neighbors dogs were coming onto our property and killing our cats in our yard and after asking them and the sheriff to do something about it, and them and the sheriff saying no, I took out 2 of 4 of the dogs before they moved. Not with anger or pleasure, but with a sense of doing what had to be done.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Never heard of a rabbit running after shot in the head by a .22 (or even an AIR RIFLE!)??? At any cost, humane hunting is what helps keep populations in check. As long as you kill them with quick, humane shots, I have no problem. Its when I see 3 legged rabbits with no ears running around that I get a little peaved...

· Registered
867 Posts
duck season,,,,,,,,,,wabbit season,,,duck season,,,,,wabbit season,,,,,,,,,,,BANG,,,,, Daffy's bill is now on backwards ;)
Your Dithththththpicable!

· Banned
18,632 Posts
Anyone who thinks that population control is inhumane have never seen a starving animal with mange from malnutrition. the cottontails and jacks are thick in the NW part of SD this year and ostensibly next year unless we get a bad winter.

SW

puckplayer- you have a PM about your avatar pic

· Registered
867 Posts
I dont think its inhumaine i just feel the author is getting too much enjoyment out of popping rabbits with this 4095

· Banned
18,632 Posts
no such thing as too much enjoyment. trust me i enjoy the hell out of killing the criters that destroy moms gardens, kill sapling trees, and do nothing more than make a nusinace of themselves. it feels something like a good bit of revenge when i get to off the bastards that destroyed my pumpkin and cucumber crop for years.

SW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I had a Squrrel problem last summer and this spring. They never hurt me, but they did eat the plastic gas and oil caps off of some of my equipment and the siding on the house costing me mucho denero in repairs.

My Plan for this summer was to shoot any grey thing that moved, luckily for the Tree rat lovers, A giant hawk moved in and has cleaned them out pretty well.

DAMN!

· Premium Member
2,230 Posts
... and they aren't good to eat. They stink, they are tough, and don't do well in fricasse...
Why did I just read that as fwick a see?

If you are controlling a population, fire away.
I personally would fry those mothers up and would go with shotty or 22 so as not to completely blast them, but whatever. Any nuisance critter should be put out of your misery, 'Humane' or not. I think this is why I got kicked out of PETA.
:shock:

· Premium Member
162 Posts
It is fine to control the population or keep the animals from eating your crops in your field, or food in your garden. I now have a vendetta with the squirrels in my yard. They ate all my corn. Fine. Then they ate all of my tomatoes. SOBs. Then they ate my watermelon. Time to die. It wouldn't be that big of a deal, but I rarely buy any produce during the summer. I try to grow as much as I can by myself. Oh, and I'm just using a BB gun. A .22 or shotty might be a little overkill for a squirrel.

· Registered
687 Posts
so let me get this right. if some one or some thing eats your food kill them. thats number 1. number 2 is in this day and age you mean to tell me that a grown man can,t put up a fence or some kind of way to keep out a little animal, sounds to me like they are smarter :twisted:

· Registered
687 Posts
don,t get me wrong, i understand a lot of people were brought up different , i also know you were taught to hunt at a young age, i just was not plus i love animals i have trained dog s to attack (guard dogs) i have also worked with lions and tigers and pumas, bears, i love animals, so please don,t think i am knocking you. this is just the way i feel. :)

· Banned
4,022 Posts
don,t get me wrong, i understand a lot of people were brought up different , i also know you were taught to hunt at a young age, i just was not plus i love animals i have trained dog s to attack (guard dogs) i have also worked with lions and tigers and pumas, bears, i love animals, so please don,t think i am knocking you. this is just the way i feel. :)
LIONS AND TIGERS AND BEARS!! OH MY!!!

reminds of
:lol:

41 - 60 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.