Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,305 Posts
I threw a Dorman clamp on the old leak where the manifold bolts broke one winter, but haven't snugged it down yet. Once that's done I'll check the y-pipe connections again. I can hear the pop from it during acceleration.
I had a jalopy with headers that wouldn't crank down right, and they would do that ticking when I accelerated, too. I could reduce it by retightening the bolts, but it wasn't a very permanent solution. I only had that thing for a little while.

·
Administrator
24,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I had a jalopy with headers that wouldn't crank down right, and they would do that ticking when I accelerated, too. I could reduce it by retightening the bolts, but it wasn't a very permanent solution. I only had that thing for a little while.
Chevy is notorious for warping headers that pop the bolt heads. Happened during the polar vortex back in 2012-ish? Drove from Binghamton to Gouverneur, up past Ft Drum. Woke up in the morning to two busted bolts and a leak.

Reactions: moona11

·
Administrator
24,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Just ordered a new blacked out mesh grille, bent the bumper back so it fits but need a new outside bumper bracket, and have no idea what I did with the bag of bolts that held the bumper on...

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
8,529 Posts
Just ordered a new blacked out mesh grille, bent the bumper back so it fits but need a new outside bumper bracket, and have no idea what I did with the bag of bolts that held the bumper on...
Are they in the bed near the cab?

That's where I typically leave parts when I'm interrupted while working on my truck.

eldar

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
Maybe, just maybe, you should have junked that piece of shit.

Reactions: SWAGA

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
Reactions: SWAGA

·
Administrator
24,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
At least I had the common sense to know when it's a lost cause.
It's not lost. Trans and case for $200, bumper still works with a $5 bracket, needed $120 in u joints and pinion seals anyways as basic maintenance. New grill and lights with mounting hardware for $250. Just need to source a hood and decide if i want to spend $500 on a ranch bumper or $300 on a factory bumper.

All told it's around $500 for parts directly affected by the wreck?

Reactions: Rerun
61 - 69 of 69 Posts