Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of purchasing this ad on rail for my C9 but I am pretty iffy as to whether the epoxy will really hold up and how it will look once the rail is installed. I really want to install a light on it. Do any of you guys have this add on on your Hi Points? Any pictures? Any ideas regarding how to to add a rail and a light for my C9?

Attachments

·
Resident PITA
16,068 Posts
Two issues. I doubt epoxy will hold up to the abuse and you'll be covering up the serial number.

• Wow
Reactions: Rerun

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Two issues. I doubt epoxy will hold up to the abuse and you'll be covering up the serial number.
Yeah, I feel the same about the epoxy. I believe the description states there's a gap in the center to expose the serial number. Hopefully someone who has installed one can provide some further details and information.

·
Resident PITA
16,068 Posts
Do you all think this would take recoil?
Considering it looks glued on, I'd say "Not for long". With having to preserve the serial number there's not a lot of mounting space left. I once modified a small metal rail to fit but never mounted it as it would have trashed the gun. Your best bet might be to hunt down one that mounts to the trigger guard.

Reactions: vbecerra1904

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Considering it looks glued on, I'd say "Not for long". With having to preserve the serial number there's not a lot of mounting space left. I once modified a small metal rail to fit but never mounted it as it would have trashed the gun. Your best bet might be to hunt down one that mounts to the trigger guard.
Yeah, I ended up just ordering the ncSTAR. I'll update y'all once I get the rail light on there. I'm really considering getting a Desert Tan light just to make it pop out more. Any experience with this specific one?

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey y'all! So what do y'all think? I'm still going to make some minor adjustments to the rail and might swap the light. I want something smaller. I don't like the way it sticks out. Now let's just see how it holds up a few hundred rounds later.

Attachments

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,999 Posts
I think the OLight in desert tan will be a lot better... the NC STAR is def. The wrong one

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,999 Posts
Here's my Glunk30 with a name brand light, not too bad, imo...

But the G30 has an on board rail, and the overpriced streamlight is made for it.
Shoe Automotive design Grey Floor Bumper

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the OLight in desert tan will be a lot better... the NC STAR is def. The wrong one
I did some minor adjustments to the NCstar and flushed it out with the barrel. It sure dis make it look way better though. Still thinking of switching lights in the future though.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's my Glunk30 with a name brand light, not too bad, imo...

But the G30 has an on board rail, and the overpriced streamlight is made for it. View attachment 74850
How long have you had the light? Yeah, streamlight is just way too overpriced man. I've had this C9 for over 7 years and just had it sitting in a storage shack. I found it a few months ago and decided to have fun with it and deck it out lol. Still don't want to invest tons of $$$ on a freaking $150 gun.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,999 Posts
How long have you had the light? Yeah, streamlight is just way too overpriced man. I've had this C9 for over 7 years and just had it sitting in a storage shack. I found it a few months ago and decided to have fun with it and deck it out lol. Still don't want to invest tons of $$$ on a freaking $150 gun.
The streamlight was more than I ever paid for a C9 :D last C9 I bought was only $129 and I think the streamlight was 149.99 plus tax. I only gave 400 for the glunk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts