Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,412 Posts
RAMEN NOODLES AND SPAM, in the same thread :brow: :brow:!!!

I think we have just found the worlds most perfect survival thread :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

:D :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I once talked of opening a restaurant that served just Ramen- Ramen dinners, Ramen breakfast, Ramen desert...

·
514 Posts
RAMEN NOODLES AND SPAM, in the same thread :brow: :brow:!!!

I think we have just found the worlds most perfect survival thread :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

:D :D :D :D
Only if it is served in a titanium bowl with a titanium spork!

·
Registered
974 Posts
There's a brand of noodles called "Maggi's Two minute noodles". They have Curry, Masala, Chapata and Tomato flavor. I'm not big on tomato, but the other flavors rock.

Its hard to find (asian food stores) and more expensive (usually 80 cents a pack) but so freaking good.

I flipped out the other day when I saw it on amazon for less than 60 a pack. I bought two cases.

So I know have 200 packs of ramen at my house, in my food storage.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Nice thing about Ramen is the flavor packets.

The spices are usually so strong that you can mix whatever bugs and crubs you find in with the ramen and the spices will cover the bug taste.

You get your carbs and your protiens that way.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Spam quite possibly the world's most perfect food :devilsidesmile:
If you like you're heart exploding. There's a time and a place for ramen, it's called college.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Word! As a college student, I have to concur. When laziness and hunger strike one on top of the other... cheap noodles to the rescue. ^_^ They're good if you under cook them just slightly. Chewy, mmm...

G

·
Talk about being lazy: I would open it up just enough to extract the sauce pouch, then close it up, smash it up till it was small bits...then sprinkle the sauce pouch in, shake it up.....Yeah, you need some water or soda or something: but it makes a snack. Or a meal, depending if you are Mall Ninja or not..

·
Registered
58 Posts
I could live off ramen noodles for years if I had to. Cheapest crap in the world but the possibilities are endless!

Or so they seemed, when i was broke!

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
I've even gone MacGyver on Ramen before.... They are easy to make even if you don't have a stove or a microwave, do it in the Coffee pot!!!!

Simple, take 6 cups of water and put it in the resevoir. Take the noodles, crush them up a bit and put those in the pot itself and turn on the pot. Once the water heats up and flows into the pot, noodles get soft, pour out some water, add the flavor packet and YUMMY!!!!!!!!

Reason I did this was because my hotel room at Nellis AFB in Las Vegas had a microwave, but I didn't have any bowls. That and the coffee pot was just sitting there. Also, microwaved Ramen is gross. You have to have a bowl big enough for the entire block of noodles to get covered in the water. AND it takes for freaking EVER to get the noodles soft enough to eat and not tear up your gums.

So, just an FYI, you CAN make delicious Ramen noodles in a standard sized or a hotel sized coffee pot. ;)

·
Banned
1,412 Posts
I've even gone MacGyver on Ramen before.... They are easy to make even if you don't have a stove or a microwave, do it in the Coffee pot!!!!

Simple, take 6 cups of water and put it in the resevoir. Take the noodles, crush them up a bit and put those in the pot itself and turn on the pot. Once the water heats up and flows into the pot, noodles get soft, pour out some water, add the flavor packet and YUMMY!!!!!!!!

Reason I did this was because my hotel room at Nellis AFB in Las Vegas had a microwave, but I didn't have any bowls. That and the coffee pot was just sitting there. Also, microwaved Ramen is gross. You have to have a bowl big enough for the entire block of noodles to get covered in the water. AND it takes for freaking EVER to get the noodles soft enough to eat and not tear up your gums.

So, just an FYI, you CAN make delicious Ramen noodles in a standard sized or a hotel sized coffee pot. ;)
Hmm. must have been one POS microwave. I almost always do mine in the microwave. 2 cups water broken block O' noodle and sauce packet. Nuke for 3 minutes, allow to set for about 3 minutes, enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
when I made ramen, I didnt like broth. In college I got it down to a science.

1) crush noodles
2)add just enough water to ALMOST cover the noodles (I mean millimeters, this is the secret)
3) nuke for exactly 3 minutes
4) season and stir.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts