Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find anywhere to put this so...

Looking for a pistol range bag, something that can carry 4 pistols and 100rnd for each.

The bag I have is 20yrs old, it's approx 16x7x7, has a center area with a zipped pocket running the full length of each side, made by Bagmaster. It'll hold 3 pistols but the side pockets have insert bags that are shot and wouldn't stay in place. I usually have my eye/ear protection in the center with pistols in the side pockets with their mags. Ammo usually goes in the center too. If I carry a 3rd pistol it usually gets thrown in the center.

I'd keep using it but I'd like to get one large enough to carry 4 pistols/mags/ammo/eye/ear protection. I also carry a small pouch of tools in the center too. The fact that the pouch inserts are worn out is the main reason I want to get another, slightly bigger, bag.

I like a canvas bag, not nylon.

So what do you guys/gals carry...and where is Pistolkitty???

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to all you ladies on the forum!!!

·
Premium Member
9,230 Posts
Capture+_2021-02-14-15-41-22~2.png
I use this Flambeau range bag. The pistol case in the picture actually goes into a large exterior pouch on the opposite side of the bag. The case is beg enough for two G19-size pistols or a single 7.5" barrel Redhawk. I just carry the case separately because I have a pair of SAW pouches I have in the external pouch, which is where I keep a stapler, tape, a Gerber armorer's tool and a shit-ton of different sighting tools for different weapons.

The 600D nylon is very canvas-like.

·
Premium Member
35,661 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

One place I haven't looked yet is the old Armie/Navie store here in town. Last time I was in there they had some decent bags, I did come out with 2 old small medic bags. Ended up giving both away!

I have another bag I could use, but it's much bigger (deeper) than the current one. If I was only going to take 1 or 2 pistols I'd use my old laptop case.

·
Premium Member
9,230 Posts
Since you want canvas, this looks like a really nice one. I'd get it if I were buying another.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021566455
The problem is the one I have has lasted for about nine years and doesn't look like it'll be giving up the ghost any time soon. It'll probably be at least another 10 years before I can have a reason to replace it.

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since you want canvas, this looks like a really nice one. I'd get it if I were buying another.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021566455
The problem is the one I have has lasted for about nine years and doesn't look like it'll be giving up the ghost any time soon. It'll probably be at least another 10 years before I can have a reason to replace it.
Shows up as a canteen pouch, don't think I can get 4 pistols in it without a lot of effort ;)

·
Premium Member
9,230 Posts
Shows up as a canteen pouch, don't think I can get 4 pistols in it without a lot of effort ;)
Canteen pouch??? Type in Flambeau Tactical Range Bag instead of the item number. They may have changed the item number.

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's more like it. When I clicked on the link just now a 1/3 scale 1911 popped up, but when I typed in Flambeau Tactical Range Bag it took me to the bags, thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,230 Posts
That's more like it. When I clicked on the link just now a 1/3 scale 1911 popped up, but when I typed in Flambeau Tactical Range Bag it took me to the bags, thanks!
Glad to help. FYI, the interior of the bag is tall and long, so you could also fit a couple more handguns inside the main compartment, along with ammo, eyes, and ears. The case, of course, would hold the other two pistols in the outer pouch if you wanted to carry four pistols.

·
Registered
7 Posts
upload_2021-2-15_23-13-21.png

My nephew has one of these and I am seriously considering retiring my old school range bag for one of these. GPS is the MFG. Warning they are kind of pricey, that is what's holding me back from getting one. The picture is from Amazon but I have seen them on other sights also

·
Registered
71 Posts
I use an Orca Tactical bag. It's big enough for what you're looking for, but it's a bit expensive.

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I use an Orca Tactical bag. It's big enough for what you're looking for, but it's a bit expensive.
That's just what I was looking for, thanks :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think I have some points saved on Amazon, might as well put them to good use :bounce:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Glad to help spend your $$$. :D

I love those bags. I bought one for my HK VP9 and liked it so much that I picked up another for my VP9SK. I could easily keep both pistols in one bag but I keep a ton of crap in the range bag...so a second bag made sense for me.

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After points figured in it came to under $58. It’s not canvas but it has all the other stuff I wanted, should get it Sunday.

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Amazon just delivered the bag, very nice and has a pant load of pockets. It's the same length and width as my old one but taller and has way more pockets for stuff.

Thanks for the heads up Razzle!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wow! That was fast. I ordered some stuff from Amazon a week ago that hasn't been delivered yet. Of course it has something to do with the foot of snow we got this week.

Enjoy the bag.

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow! That was fast. I ordered some stuff from Amazon a week ago that hasn't been delivered yet. Of course it has something to do with the foot of snow we got this week.

Enjoy the bag.
I was surprised, Amazon must have had it nearby.

Message_1613831386261.jpg
Message_1613831424291.jpg
Message_1613831468018.jpg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts