Range Day ....and some observations

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by Northslope, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Northslope

Northslope Member

F89293CF-CDB0-4486-BC37-6B58C9090DC3.jpeg F89293CF-CDB0-4486-BC37-6B58C9090DC3.jpeg 8DD3DB5A-D836-4FF9-9358-3A0DC15F223A.jpeg went to the public range today in the boonies. took along my M&P 15 with a Primary Arms 5x scope , HiPoint 995TS , M&P 15/22 with a Bushnell TRS 25 and my Glock 23C carry piece. some things stood out right off the bat.
    The place was PACKED, my self and the older guy who pulled in behind me got the last two benches. i heard him grumbling to himself that he thought he would have the “damn place to himself “ lol.
    after settling in and getting my gear organized i realized i heard yankee accents ( just kidding) but they were in fact yankee accents. the guy to my left was from mass-a -too-sits as well as the guys to his left. they were swapping stories about how they escaped the clutches of a gun hostile liberal enclave and found peace and new freedoms in the bosom of the south . the guy on my left had introduced himself during a range cold period and told me these things, and to reiterate he was so glad that Hitlery lost the election and Trump was president . the guys to my right were one off duty county police officer and an obviously non LEO companion. he blasted off two 30 round mags from a full auto MP5 and it was glorious to behold .
    i was there about 3 hours and everyone was polite , in good humour and obviously not too concerned about the Rona virus , as i had several outreached hands offered and returned every one . i did use hand sanitizer afterwards and even loaned some out . every one there had at least an AR or AK , handguns of all makes, and there were some bolt guns as well .
    first gun up for me was my glock , target at 10 yards BBBA8C33-C7AA-4CC2-A830-63BD00F9F0FC.jpeg
    fired 4 mags slo fire and two and three round strings , there are a few holes from my 22 visible as well.
    next up was my AR at 100 yards, all rounds fired standing except the ones closest to the center which were fired from the bench to verify zero.
    i was very happy with the results as i have continued to shoot without my glasses to simulate losing them at a critical time . next up was AR at 50 yds with two and three shot strings . put two hundred rounds of dreaded WWB thru the 995 without one issue using three ten rounders and two redball mags . this puts it up right at 3k rounds down the pipe by me since i bought it used almost two years ago. i was plinking jugs and cans mostly but did manage 7 out of 20 on a hundred yard target (8 inch) and the rest had no more than a 12 inch or so spread . not great but not bad combat accuracy esp with my eyes and open sights . all in all a great day and it was good to get out of the damn house . also, even tho i dont reload i scrounged all my brass and even a decent amount of 308 brass someone left behind .

fatal-bert33, Dagwood and CowboyBob like this.
  2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

We have a section for range reports. Please attempt to post topics in the appropriate section so they don't get deleted.

Northslope likes this.

3. Northslope

Northslope Member

thanks, any possibility of moving it to the correct place ?

4. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Way ahead of you...