Range Day!

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by sarahsmom, Feb 9, 2016.

1. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Went to the range this morning, took the Ar15, Taurus 738 TCP, and the HP JCP.
    Shot the TCP first. It is snappy! First 3 shots st 10, then the rest are at 25'.
    The first shot is the one on outside right. Only shot 1 mag - it was on the uncomfortable side.

Attached Files:

2. sarahsmom

Next up was the JCP. Definitely snappy, also. Only shot one mag through it also. All shooting today was done with one elbow resting on shelf in stall, still was a little wobbly.

Attached Files:

3. those pocket pistols can sure put a hurting on you. I shoot my phoenix a heck of a lot more than my body guard.

4. sarahsmom

Next up was the AR, and was glad I had done the pistols first. Much more enjoyable shooting. Was really pleased it didn't explode or anything in my hand - since I am the one who put it together! Scope was shooting about 6" to the right. Forgot to brush up on how to adjust it, so just adjusted my aim. The laser however was pretty well right on the money. Just was wobbly today, need to invest in a sandbag. By the time I got to the 2nd 30 rounder, though, I was shooting one right after the other - it was s blast!

Attached Files:

5. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Well you definitely did better at the range than you did on Boom Beach today. :stir:

6. sarahsmom

So, not the best today, but at least hit minute of man. Decided the C9 is definitely my range gun, though. It is so enjoyable to shoot. Still want the JHP. Would even trade the JCP for a JHP, I think. But all in all, had a great time today!

7. Rachgier

Don't invest in a sandbag. Use a book bag/rucksack. I shoot off of my range bags, but I also have a set of bench bags.

Attached Files:

8. sarahsmom

I also need to move my scope up a couple of inches - I kept getting smacked in the safety glasses with it ever time I fired. I found myself blinking every time I pulled the trigger! :rolleyes:

9. Rachgier

...:doh:...

10. sarahsmom

Lol, I lasted longer than the 27 seconds, I think it was, anyway!

11. sarahsmom

Didn't get to shoot the Phoenix today, definitely taking it next time!

12. Rachgier

26 seconds, with 9 seconds of combat. It's okay, I only lasted through 24 seconds of combat, but I used my shock flares so I could stay in the pocket a little longer.

13. tjulian

tjulian Member

You can make your own range bags cheap. I made mine by putting sand in heavy duty gallon zip lock bags. I then put them in cut off blue jean legs that I zip tied shut. Works great. :)

14. sarahsmom

15. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

And the scary thing is that the TCP is the most comfortable shooting of the Kel Tec derivative .380 pocket guns (which includes the Kel Tec, Ruger, Hellcat, and a few others, but not the Colt derivative such as Colt and Sig).

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

16. sarahsmom

That is scary, lol!

17. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I have 6-8 "platforms" made from closed cell foam salvaged from packing for shipping boxes of rack-mounted servers. They make cut & glued closed cell foam "braces" and "supports" to keep the servers safe during shipping and then we just throw them away.

They're light, work well, reversible in two or three directions (for adjusting height), and were free. :)

The biggest problem with them is that they're light. I used them when I taught rifle for my church but it was a windy day and when people picked their rifles up off of the support, they'd start to skitter from the wind. :eek:

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

18. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Congratulations! you finally made it too the range and good shooting too.

19. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    I can say that the addition of the Hogue LCP custom grip makes a world of difference!

[​IMG]

20. sarahsmom

I think I will have to get one of those!