Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to constant Debug errors the user "HighPoint" asked me to post this for him. So, here it is.

Subject: Range Report (995 failure w/ pics)

Went to the range today with my new C9 and 995. Put 40 rounds through the C9 with no issues. Switched to the 995. Loaded mag, chambered round, squeezed trigger. 1st round went downrange leaving second round lodged almost upright in the bolt. Tried this 3 more times with the same outcome. Put the 995 away at the request of the range supervisor. Proceeded to put 50+ rounds through the C9 with no issues. My serial # begins with an "E". It seems like I remember hearing of other 995's with E serial #'s having issues. I guess its my turn to experience this amazing Hi-Point customer service that everyone speaks of. Anyone else ever have this issue with their 995?

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Mine did/does the same thing, but only with the Pro-Mag 15rd mag.

Mine is "E" series as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the same problem with mine when i use the 15 round mag too, i know it's nice to have those 15 bullets, but i hate it when it jambs :'( so i will just stick to the factory round mag and call it a day. i bought like 3 of those 15 rounder mags, i just use them for paperweights now!

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
I have the same problem with mine when i use the 15 round mag too, i know it's nice to have those 15 bullets, but i hate it when it jambs :'( so i will just stick to the factory round mag and call it a day. i bought like 3 of those 15 rounder mags, i just use them for paperweights now!
Glad I'm not the only one! Has anyone dealt with Pro-Mag for warranty on them, as they do have a lifetime warranty?

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
I'm sure they would be happy to send you another one that won't work because none of them work 8)

G

·
Try loading promags with 10 or 11 rounds and let them set for three or four months. the springs are very strong for a single stack mag. I did this from October to the end of March and have shot over one thousand rounds without a single jam.

Hope this will help.
KCTGB

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
I had the same issue today with the factory 10 rd mag.

It took me a minute to get it out and get the mag to release, but after re-adjusting the rounds in the mag everything fired like clock work.

I attributed it to the mag and possibly a problem with the feed lips. Since this is a used 995, there is no telling what the previous owner did or didnt do.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
I can't edit my above statement so I will add this. I broke down and bought a Promag 15 rounder for $21, I figured it would be a good holiday project to see if I could get it to function, so far I am fairly confident that I can get it to work. The fit and finish were nice (had to grind down the plastic grip extension to fit the ATI stock) and I can feed snap caps fine. I haven't cycled a full mag or range tested yet, so my verdict is still out on these.

Midnight, if you want to rid yourself of those Promags I'll gladly pay the shipping to my house 8)

G

·
From what I see looks like a mag promblem,bullet too high in front. It's really hard to tell, See if you can tell if bullet is hitting end of feed ramp. Causing it to turn up. My carbine has not done this, my c-9 pistol did the same thing. I would suggest before doing anything. Is to loade all the mags ,and leave them that way for seveal days,to relaxe the springs. Then try one more time.

If that don't do it ,give HP a call. They may very well be able to tell you by ph., how to fix it. They got me straight the 1st time ,with my c-9. 8)
HP hooked:

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Took my Christmas 995 out for another test run. 250 rounds last time out with only a couple of FTF. I attributed it to the new mags so I just loaded 8 at a time and had no further issues.

Today I sent 150 rounds downrange and no issues!!!
Bought a new promag 15 rounder from the gun shop with the promise that if it didn't work, they'd refund me the money I spent. Fed the first attempt fully loaded and had a FTF. Fed another round with no problem. Fed 4 more fully loaded promags with no issues. I left with the promag and a receipt just in case I had trouble down the road.

Overall, was pleased with the Promag but even more ADDICTED to the 995!!! Bulldog87

·
Registered
222 Posts
Mag Problems

I heard through the grapevine that if you just smack the mag against your palm before loading it, that can usually solve about 99% of jams. Sometimes the ammo is just not sitting right in the mag. I also second the whole loading the mag and letting it sit for a while.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I heard through the grapevine that if you just smack the mag against your palm before loading it, that can usually solve about 99% of jams. Second the thought.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah I was having similar issues with my 995

The first day I fired my new 995 I encountered failure to feed issues. It would take the first 4-5 rounds than I would have to chamber the following rounds by hand. I suspected the factory magazine. At home I broke out the needle nose pliers and gave the mag a tweek and crossed my fingers for a better outcome. On the next trip out I was meet with disappointment again. I made the decision to send the gun back to hipoint, but when I got home I decided to take the gun apart (very easy) and see if there were any obvious causes for the malfunction that I might be able to find myself. What I found was the hold open mechanism was the culprit. The little spring that pulls the hold open lever was not connected. It looked damaged, probably hung up on the stock during assembly. Not sure why the gun would work at all without the spring being connected but I put it back together and now the thing rattles off ten rounds like it should. I was more than a little disappointed the gun didn't work out of the box. I seriously thought about chucking my new rifle into the pond on the second outing but I am a patient man. I still like the gun, but I wonder now what else may have been left unchecked before the gun hit the box in Ohio. When it works, my 995 is a beautiful thing. I am happy I didn't send it to an early watery grave. Thankfully, my little problem was easy to fix once I understood what the problem was.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts