Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Range report and Review of my C9

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  2TN Mules 
#1 ·
ok, now that I got this sucker to the range, I'm ready to talk shop about it. At least as much as I am qualified to 'talk shop' about guns, which isn't much.

I got my C9 at Jensen Arms in Loveland Colorado. $124.95 plus tax brand new.

First impression, man this thing is heavy as hell. Unloaded it is totally out of balance in my hand. I got it loaded and played with the action a little to get an idea of how it operates. I found out that you can't get the action to go forward with an empty mag. No sweat there, you can drop the mag and then it will go forward. Getting used to the tension on the slide when trying to lock it back took some getting used to but I am getting better at it. I don't like the rattle it makes when you shake it, but I'm not concerned about it because I guess its normal. I think it is the magazine safety? Speaking of magazine safeties, I have heard a lot of people say that they don't like them, but I do. I think a lot of AD's happen with someone who drops the mag and doesn't check the chamber. I actually know a cop who had one of these just a few weeks ago (It was a glock and his ford taurus took the hit, no one was hurt). Fully loaded the gun balances well. It fits well in my hand. I may get a hogue grip like many of you, but since I don't have real big hands, I doubt it will help me grip it any better. The mag release is in a great spot for me, right within reach but not where I would hit it accidently. When I do hit it, the mag drops out easily. The safety is in the perfect spot for me and is easy to disengage while drawing. Speaking of drawing, I went and got that crossman holster you all recommend and its perfect. I have been using it around the house and I used it at the range today as well.

Since I couldn't get to the range right away, I went ahead and got to work on my DIY carrying case. (see picture below) I cut the foam for the gun to nestle into like a sleeping baby in a crib. The case was an old travel case for cigars.

So I finally made it to the range today. I was really expecting a lot of FTF issues. The feed ramp is brand new, I was going to try JHP and WWB, and the magazine is brand new. Well 70+ rounds, 5 different kinds of ammo, brand new out of the box and not a single FTF or FTE. I was so happy. I am not a great marksman, but the sights were easy to see and easy to use. I went from 7yrds and 10yrds. I fed it with PMC 115 gr. FMJ, Remington UMC 115gr. FMJ, Blazer Steel 124gr. FMJ, WWB 115gr. FMJ, and WWB 124gr. JHP. Recoil was completely manageable. I am totally in love with this pistol!

See less See more
#2 ·
Thats some nice shooting and a nice pistol case you made there. Glad you are happy with your purchase.

#8 ·
sweeeeet! thanks for the info and the pictures

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.