***Range Report*** ATI C45

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by Dagwood, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

So, I bought this gun a while back and I really like it. I bought it because I have It's little brother the ATI HP9. The 9 has been perfect. The .45 not so much.
    I have been unsuccessful finding a new magazine for it. It has been having a lot of failure to feed issues. I found a Beretta double stack replacement spring that fit. It is a much longer spring. It makes it hard to get the last round in for a full mag. That I can deal with, just load 8.
    Anyway, Now the last round is the one that fails to feed. All other rounds feed perfect, but the last round doesn't feed, I have to recharge the slide then it will feed. This occurs whether I load a full mag or only load 3 rounds or 5 or 7.
    Has anyone here had this issue before? If so, what causes it and how do I fix it?
    As always, I respect everyone's knowledge and opinions. Thanks for the help

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

Sounds like the new spring is tilting the follower and not allowing it to feed at the proper angle. The pressure of a full mag lets everything work, but that last round the spring pressure over powers things.
    You might want to clip a section out of the bottom coil. Start small you can always remove more if needed.

3. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

That makes sense. I'll try that for sure.