Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to post a range report on my new .357 Charter Arms. Of course, the gratitious pics....

This was my best group at 7 yards.... .747 inches

Other random targets that I shot, some at 3 yards, others at 7 yards.

This target was shot at 25 yards, double action and there are 3 groups on it, kinda spaced out, but not bad shooting for 25 yards.

This revolver is one hell of a handgun. The double action trigger is a bit on the stiff side at about 10 pounds, but its incredibly smooth, breaks clean and recoil is non-existant. Single action trigger pull is almost a hair trigger, seriously. You could almost breathe on this thing and it'll break. The rounds I was using for this initial range trip was 158 grain .357 mag semi wad cutters. Man, first time I've ever shot those things and I have to say they are awesome. They make some really pretty round holes in the paper.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Think you'll like that pistol!I carry at times a C A .44 special 2" and love it.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice shootin.... but, where's the toes... :D
Firmly attached to my feet where I hope they'll stay. ;) :p :D

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After looking over the targets again tonight, I have to say I really like wad cutters. I am going to be getting me a mold from Lee on payday. I can't wait to try some custom loads with this revolver. Of course, I'll post pics and reports. :D

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually, it was 25 yards, and I train at that distance quite often. I won 3rd place in the Holloman Base wide pistol competition, half of which was shot at 15 yards and the other at 25 yards for the advanced shooters. Beginners and intermediate were lumped in together as there weren't enough intermediate ranked shooters, and they shot at 5 and 7 yards.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok boys, here we go. I will be loading up my first batch of reloads this evening, if I get a chance if not tomorrow. I'll be using .38 special and .357 brass, winchester small pistol primers and both Unique and Win231. Bullets are going to be mic'd 9mm LRN tumble lube that I already have on hand. As long as they mic out to .357 I'll use them. Smaller or bigger than that, no go.

I'll post results of the tests once I get back from the range.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Primal, Have you gotten any speedloaders for that baby yet? I have the 2.5in barrel, DAO shaved hammer version. Just got 2 HKS mod 36-a loaders. They work great. Just a heads-up.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not yet Broomhead. I am more concerned about being able to feed it first before I try to work on feeding it fast.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Amen. Ain't that the friggin truth. I just picked up 50 rounds of factory LRN .38sp for 17 bucks at my LGS. Cheapest place I could find it. Hell, about the only place I could find it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
that is nice primal. groups are good also. keep up the good work :D

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Trust me dude, I plan on it. :p

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Yeah gimme that pistol :D :devilsidesmile: :cool2: I love that thing I think I could have breathed on the single action and it would have fired :D :cry2: :D.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts