***Range Report*** Springfield Armory Xds .45

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by Dagwood, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I love this gun!!
    Took my wife to the blm this afternoon and took an assortment of pistols and the .410.
    She shot the .22TCM 1911 A2 FS. She was intimidated by it until she pulled the trigger. She loved it.
    Next I shot the new Xds .45. I was pleasantly surprised at the recoil. I did put a Pearce pinky extension and a Handall Jr. Grip sleave on which definitely helped. It is still a bit snappy but easily controllable. My wife shot a couple of mags thru it as well. She said it's not her favorite but she still did good with it.
    She shot the Taurus 24/7 9mm and she liked that, but her favorite was the 100 + year old S&W .32 wheel gun! That gun is a sweetheart. She claimed it as her own! Thats OK cuz I just put the Ruger Redhawk Hunter .44 mag on layaway!
    I must say, it was a great day on the range. My wife has a renewed interest in shooting with me, and that is a really good thing!

2. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Sounds good! The XD line of pistols are very good guns...in all their variations. ;)

3. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Told you you would like the XD. I traded my Glock G26 on a XD9. Never regretted the decision.

Not saying Glock isn't a good firearm, I just never liked the feel of it in my hands.

Congrats on getting the wife out there too. I'm taking the wife shooting tomorrow on our new property, well after i do some work around the house...