Range Trip! Woohoo!!!

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Reviews & Range Reports' started by sarahsmom, Sep 22, 2015.

1. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Finally made it to the range this morning! Figured I was going to have to sight both my c9 and 995ts in. I just couldn't get used to that ghost sight on the c9, so had replaced it with the original. Was surprised that it was dead on! The center and head of target is the c9, and the shots to the left and right was doing the two shots to the chest and 1 to the head move. Then I switched to the 995ts. SWEET!!! No recoil, trigger seemed fine to me. I don't know if Ihave been lucky and have just gotten unusually good triggers or what, but I have no issues with them.

2. sarahsmom

The 995ts seemed like it was shooting a little low, but not bad. Was going to adjust it but couldn't find the tool I thought was in my range bag. But the more I shot with it the better it looked accuracy wise. Need to come back with right tool to adjust it and zero it. I didn't ask them, but do the ranges usually have sand bag rest that can be used? Since I only had the one target I shot at different points down the middle. Had a blast today, and I ended up only having to pay a $1.62 for total just for the target!

Attached Files:

3. The reason i bought the hi-point made forward grip is it has a little container just for the hi-point tool Don't loose it it will take apart most of the gun.

Good shooting. Love the 995TS.

My experience is you never notice a bad trigger until you are trying to make an abnormal shot. Real long, and you are concentrating so hard on SQEEEZING and breathing. And it just wont move, or jerks when it does.

But the 995 is not made for that.

4. sarahsmom

It was an allen wrench for the red dot reflex sight I couldn't find, I had the HP tool.
    Oh, forgot to tell the ammo I used! It was freedomunitions 115 gr. No ftf or ftf on the c9. 995ts did great with only one problem, and that was my fault. I forgot to let go of charging handle and it didn't rack right, I ended up with 2 in the chamber. I shot about 50 rds in each.

5. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Sounds like fun to me. You are doing well.

6. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Looking at the windage characteristics of your groups, it looks like you have your trigger squeeze down really well. When you get the elevation adjusted, it will be neat to see some consistent big holes blown out of the target.

7. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Or one small hole;-) thread the needle

8. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Great job ! And had fun too.

9. Glad you finally got out there to shoot it. Nice shooting too!

10. sarahsmom

Forgot to put I started out at 10ft, then 21ft, then 45ft with each one.

11. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    The carbine sight uses the screwdriver end of the HP tool. The elevation adjustment
    of the carbine has a 6 sided screw, in a rectangular slot. This is quite tight, so the
    screw "clicks" into position and you get even adjustments for each "click" like the
    more elaborate sights with ball detents. Ingeniously CHEAP setup on the HP!
    But it's just so HUGE. IMO it should be closer to the bore center. But I fixed mine! ;)

The folks here can help you figure out what range to zero the Carbine, I'd say a
    minimum of 15 yards even for home defense? That also yields a longer zero
    of where the bullet drops back to zero again, about 75 yards, IIRC? It varies...

12. undeRGRound

INDY
    PS: Nice Shootin, Nevada Nell! :D

13. sarahsmom

I took the iron sights off - it just has the red dot reflex sight on it now, and I couldn't find the allen wrench for it in my bag. My goal is to have iron sights, also. If I get another HP carbine I want to set it up like you did yours with the scope/red laser and irons.

14. sarahsmom

Thanks! :D

15. sarahsmom

And thanks everybody!

16. sarahsmom

See guys - NO IRON SIGHTS! Forgive me for yelling, but it seems like I didn't make my self clear - everyone keeps telling me how to to align the factory sights! :p;)

P.S. I really liked the TC (Thundercroozer) VFG!

Attached Files:

17. undeRGRound

INDY
    OK, NEVADA NELL!!! sheesh ;)

18. sarahsmom

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

19. thundercroozer

thundercroozer Supporting Member

Glad the FG is working out for you :) I could never get used to using it..

20. sarahsmom

It's funny - I figured I would actually end up using it in the folded position, but I just automatically grabbed it and it felt right (watch it, fellas :rolleyes:). Never even thought about changing it.