Range trip

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by moona11, Mar 21, 2015.

1. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Today I went to the range to due a functions test on 4 of our department M16's a thousand rounds later I figure they work. 10 hrs overtime shooting not bad plus the overtime I will get for cleaning them will also be nice:-D one of the guns is so old it does not have a forward assist all are colts. Also found out we only have 6 mags for them so need to order 30 more.

2. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Sometimes, after trips like that, it's hard to believe that someone actually pays us to do that kind of stuff.:cool:

3. moona11

Yep its a tough life ;-)

4. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

At times like this I really hate you. :mad:;)

5. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Does that M16 without the forward assist have a dust cover on it? If it is a first series M16 it is worth some serious dollars.

Do they let you keep the fired brass? :)

6. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    A thousand rounds should have only taken an hour at the most to shoot. :rolleyes:

7. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

6 mags, each holding, I assume, 30 rounds each, that's 180 rounds available at one time. Of those 10 hours shooting, I'd guess, overall, probably 6 hours were spent loading the mags.

8. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Went to the range with a good buddy today, didn't shoot my stuff, but got to shoot a colt anaconda, stainless Ruger gp100 .357, and a Glock .40....
    Oh my goodness!!!!! The anaconda was frickin awesome!..... I will say the Glock .40 wasn't unpleasant to shoot, actually pretty nice.. As much as to admit....

9. moona11

3 20rds and 3 30rds and I was not in a hurry ;-) yes I get to keep the brass :-D

10. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    I feel your pain. :p

11. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Getting paid to have fun?!? What is this concept... I knew I should have listened to my Dad and followed his footsteps into the PD...

But noooo I wanted to do mechanical engineering...

I know it isn't all fun, not by a long shot, but days like that do help!