Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my oldest son came out for a visit and I figured some range time was in order. He had been cooped up in NJ for the past year, so he was jonesin to put some lead on target.
This is the '43 Mosin sniper being shot at the 400 yard gongs.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Ernie, (it looks great) where did you pick that one up? Is it a rguns sniper, resnipered ex-sniper, one of the ones everyone else is selling, or one you built?

I am in the middle of resnipering an ex, but am still up in the air about it. The rifling is shiny, but soft, and like most Russian rifles the lands are dark and frosty. It shoot well now, I just don't know how much life it really has left in it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!
This is one of Southern Ohio Gun rifles. Not sure where this gets converted, but it's definitely not an ex-sniper, and not a vintage authentic scope. Whoever did the conversion really picked out a nice specimen as a platform, used a steel mount, and a really nice reproduction scope based on the 1928(?) specs. I paid $425, and it's money well spent!
I do have an ex-sniper, but not sure if I want to convert at this point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.