Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. New member to this forum and a new Model 995 owner. I finally got a chance to take it out to the range and it worked perfectly. However, after I got it home and proceeded to disassemble it to clean it I noticed a rattle in the (factory) stock. After removing the receiver I found the rattling piece. The pictures in the links below are of the item I found and where I found it in the stock just to the rear of the reciever (in the circled area).

(I hope I did the picture links right. First time I've done it)
I looked at the parts list for the item and couldn't find any parts that looked exactly like it. Just wondered it anyone might know what it is and if it's anything important. I reassembled it after cleaning it and it seems to function ok but I'm a little leary of taking it out to the range again until I find out what the rattling piece is.
Also, it has a cheapie red dot on it and I would like to find an original rear sight to replace it with if anyone would know where one might be found. I've looked online without any luck.
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I have no idea what the part is, sorry. If you need a replacement rear sight just contact Hi-Point and they'll send you one. Unbelievable but it is just as simple as that.

You might also be able to email them the pic of the mystery part and they'll help you with that also.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
the first pic is of the block that the top rail is screwed to rec cover. Are missing the screws that connect the two? see if the the top rail is loosee or has play in it. I had to reove mine in order to paint the cover.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2TN; Thanks, I will contact Hi Point about the rear sight. And no, I wouldn't have imagined that it would be that easy.

Finishman: If I would have jiggled the rail I would have seen that it is in fact a little loose. The rear screw is gone so it looks like a visit to a hardware store. Hope they have a socket head cap screw that small. Thanks!

·
Registered
238 Posts
i also have a little rattle in my 40 jcp so looked in parts list and the piece that looks like its rattleing is the is wat they called the balanceing pin ? so if its dropped or . anyone else heard of that pin ? or could it be something else. i also just took mine to the range shot 50 rnds through it with no problems except a feed problem with the mag . and that was only wen i had a full 9 rnds in it . when i loadded with only 8 rnds it didnt happen. but the rattle drives me nuts.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Mr.40Cal.
The rattle is normal in the pistol, both my C9 and JCP do it. The JCP mag holds 10 rounds and they are usually tight when new. Just load as many rounds you can and let them sit for a week or so. The spring will loosen up so you can get all ten in there. The feeding issue is also the mag spring and will get better as the gun gets exercised.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.