Raven .25 Owners , Price check please. Bought it! Pics here.

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by unclerob, Feb 23, 2008.

1. unclerob

unclerob Member

I found a Chrome/ Nickel (very bright) Raven .25 for $79 today. I wanted to do some checking before I bought it.
    Looks to be in nice shape and not abused. Has wood grips.
    Would like to add it to my small, but growing, SNS collection, NOT for carry.
    Is this price high, low or about average.
    although there were millions made, I do not see them very often.

Thanks Owners, for your input.

2. I cant find one for under $100 here in Milwaukee

3. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

bought mine used in 01' for 89$

SW

4. Got the wifes about 6 months ago in Okla for 50 bucks in great condition.

I think I got over on the gun shop though because it didnt look all of that nice but cleaned up very well

5. These are hard to call. The last one I got, in very nice condition, was tossed in by the seller to sweeten the deal on a rifle I bought. The last one I saw for sale was $75 at a gun show here in Vegas where prices tend to be pretty high and its condition was pretty good--but not as nice as the one mentioned above.

If you want it for your collection and it's in nice enough shape you won't feel the need to find a better one to replace it I'd consider $79 a decent price.

:?

6. I'm not an owner (yet), but if I find one for that price and in that condition, I will be. I haven't found any in any local gun cases, and at the gun shows here, they run >$100.

7. Cant tell you any price info but wanted to throw in that I grew up shooting a friends Raven .25 and that thing never failed once. If you can put rounds reliably thru yours I wouldnt hesitate to stick it in my pocket every time I left the house.

8. unclerob

unclerob Member

Well you guys helped me decide. I went back this morning and got it.
    $79 cash out the door. Looks darn near unfired!
    What do you think?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. griff30

griff30 Member

unclerob
    GREAT SCORE!
    Nice condition too.

10. My grandfather owned(he's dead now) one of these. Its chome/nickel in okay condition. When I get my hands on it I plan on refinishing the wood a bit.

Heres a kinda funny N.D. story for ya. My grandpa was fiddling with it while sitting on the toilet one day(keep in mind he was blind and 81 years old) and it went off. It hit the glass tub doors which were one behind the other. It shattered them then bounced off of the back of the tub without leaving a mark. :lol:

11. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

That looks NIB or kept in a velvet pocket holster... Great find!

12. That looks nice, and I believe you got a good deal. The only problems these ever seem to have is that after they are dropped, they don't feed well. That one has obviously been well cared for so it should function fine.

Just remember, do NOT carry a round in the chamber. Ravens are striker-fired and the safety easily rubs off in a holster or pocket.

For plinking, they are a blast. :mrgreen:

13. you got a good deal. How is the bore?

14. unclerob

unclerob Member

Looks to be as sweet as the rest of it.

Anybody know how to date this beast. I would love to know when it was made.

15. TnShooter83

TnShooter83 Guest

There are 2 versions of it.
    You have the older version with the sliding safety mechanism.
    The newer one has the safety like the Jennings.
    Which flips up or down. I owned one just like the on posted above.

Watch for slide bite when shooting...Never happened to me but had it happen to a family member.
    Mine was a Frame/Barrel..meaning the frame and barrel were the same piece.
    You can find them here in Tn for $50-$60.

Mine was VERY bad in accuracy.
    I've also seen the worn out that when shooting the slide would jump up and stay back. Check the tale down spring. make SURE it is tight.
    Other wise it may come apart when shooting.

If you have never taken one apart. You will press in on the small circular piece in the rear of the slide then pull back on the slide and lift up.
    Be careful no to loose the slide retaining piece...The circular piece you pressed in to release the slide.

16. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

Mine is just like that but in poorer condition. Good score.

SW

17. Ugh...had one 20 yrs ago...threw it in the river.

JUNK...