Raven Extractors

Discussion in 'Raven .25ACP' started by CulperRing, Jul 22, 2020.

1. CulperRing

CulperRing Member

2. Yes, there are different steel stampings of the extractors. They're interchangeable.

If you really get deep into Ravens, you'll discover there are variations in stampings of the Gen2 and Gen3 sliding safety as well. They also interchange.

Rerun likes this.

3. CulperRing

CulperRing Member

Not sure why I didn't reply to that before. Thank you for the helpful information.

4. bumthum

bumthum Member

I think I've counted 5-6 different variations to the small tab sliding safety stamping, there are two variations just within the late transitional Baldwin Park pistols.

OldOutlaw and adam01364 like this.
  5. magnut

magnut Member

junk guns with safeties that dont work. You are better off with a quality piece like a Lorcin L22 or a Sedco. Them be some real gems. Ravens have a tendency to blow back slides into the shooters face and do massive harm only to be cured through massive reconstructive surgery....if possible. All those ugly people you see walking around are former Raven owners.

25acp sucks anyway... it deflects off water baloons. There was a case a while back where a homeowner shot a female perp with one of those evil padded braws that give the illusion of large breasts. The anemic 25acp didnt even penetrate through the outer layer. The only reason the perp left the gun totin civilian alone was because she felt sorry for him.

Hello Adam and Bumthum.... David Vincent here. I guess this is the new BrycoJimenez forum. Anyone got a line On Waldorf lately? Last time I spoke to him he was in Kandahar. Word has it he infiltrated Revcom.US

OldOutlaw and undeRGRound like this.
  6. Hey @magnut, I knew who you were straightaway. You've got more SNS experience than I'll ever have.

OldOutlaw and undeRGRound like this.
  7. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    @magnut
    Evil Padded Braws
    :rotfl:

WELCOME!!!

8. magnut

magnut Member

Nice to talk to you. Nah... you have lots of experience and know your stuff. You also tackle some jobs even I dont touch. I tend to find one design I Like and buy multiples to play around with. Had any run ins with the ATF lately? I had another run in last year (cant remember last time We spoke). Some contracted joker working security for BATF was going through dumpsters and grabbing parts. Then he was funneling them down to a guy in Florida who was selling them on Ebay. ATF went into everyones paypal accounts and started tracking down and rounding up parts. I lost some nice stuff thats tough to find...... Fun Times. I didnt get hit as hard as some others but I was pretty bummed out. Lost 2 really nice Ruger P91 uppers I spent a lot of time cleaning up and making pretty along with a couple others...... Oh well.

Have not been working on a whole lot of SNS guns as of late but of course there is all kinds of junk in the project bins. Did you ever get your Cobra Patriot running.... 380 or 9mm.... cant remeber what you had. I have started playing with 1911s. holy cow these babies are complicated. I am waiting on an Accu-tek to show up so I can torture myself trying to make it work but nothing major other than a few SNS frames here and there along with some mish mash builds waiting for testing if ammo ever comes back to reasonable levels. I cant bring myself to blast through ammo at the range right now. Me and the kids have been doing lots of airgunning and hiking but thats about it. All this covid nonsense got me and the kids into longboarding but thats about it.

sucks the old forum went down. Good lord there was some golden stuff over there. The Waldorf stuff alone was great. With his connection to the Zodiak killings and the mass transmition of STDs across the US through Lorcin Inc. it was probably the best forum nobody knew about. It was the only place I really liked because everyone was so friendly. I dont think we ever had one fight in all the years there which is so rare for a gun forum. Hopefully everyone shows up over here. I said I would never come back to this forum but you old SNS forum hacks drew me out.

adam01364 and OldOutlaw like this.
  9. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I extended the invite, through Adam, to give you all a new home here. New owners, new staff, new rules, new attitude. You've been gone for 12 years. Maybe give the place another chance.

10. magnut

magnut Member

If its friendly I will hang around as long as the internet gods allow. Might not be that long they way things are going. Going to be tough though. Lots of hotheads here who like to be plain out rude. Funny because I have been one of the biggest advocates of hi-points on the net for 20 years or so. I can talk about the pistol variations all day long. My first Hi-point was a Maverick many, many years ago I shot until the old Zamak (pre aluminum) frame finally cracked..... and then I kept shooting it until the barrel loosened up to the point I didnt think it was safe. Then I pinned it and shot it some more. They are probably the most misunderstood and underated pistols in firearms history IMO. Most folks dont even have a grasp on the raw materials used in these pistols let alone the specs for developing blowbacks in high pressure centerfires.

yworrydog and OldOutlaw like this.
  11. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

You might be surprised as to what people do know versus what you think we don't.

Just remember, you choose to come back.

12. magnut

magnut Member

Nothing suprises me on this forum anymore.

OldOutlaw likes this.
  13. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Glad to see you posting. Read plenty of your posts on other forums. For years now!
    Glad bumthum has been doing some postings here also. You two are good folks in my opinion.

bumthum likes this.
  14. magnut

magnut Member

Hi old OutLaw. Good to see you. I go in streaks. Typically I was only a regular at the SNS forum because I loved those guys. I pop around on a few other forums if I am trying to figure some things out. I had to track down 1911Tuner a little while back to help me get a handle on 1911s.... still not totally confident on those but if the country remains free I will most likely go full out on the 1911. I just went to chime in over at SNS a few times and could never get on. Did a search and found adam over here and wanted to see what he has been up to. I will hang out a little bit here if I can stand it. Maybe its gotten better.

OldOutlaw likes this.
  15. rickm

rickm Member

This is a little off topic but pertains to the Raven. Does anyone have some spare parts for the raven p-25 im needing a spring pin and mag catch for a gun that is similar and uses alot of the same parts.

16. I have some mag catches. PM me.

17. magnut

magnut Member

best thing to do is check out ebay. Big plus with SNS guns is there typically is a lot of parts out there. You could probably find any spring of similar diameter and cut it down. Its not like the springs are some high grade gun spring. Infact most any other spring would probably be an improvement in quality. I have cut up old striker springs for mag catches before. The mag catch itself is very simple. You could make one if you had to..... but there are parts out there all over. The pin can just be anything....a cut down nail, broken drill bit, toothpick haha.

What gun exactly are you fixing? Lorcin l25 with its wonderful plastic mag catch?

18. magnut

magnut Member

Dang Adam..... got any tool steel helwan locking blocks? How about some cat9 recoil buffers? Can I just send you a list?

bumthum likes this.
  19. rickm

rickm Member

20201205_205004.jpg This the gun

20. LOL, naw but I got a whole bunch of Raven mag catches.