Re-doin the 40 cal

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by metalmulishamunky, Feb 7, 2008.

1. I know, I know, I just barely finished my OD .40 cal but I got some comments on the gun and decided to change it up a little bit. plus my buddy dropped it and it slid across the floor at work and scratched the paint all to hell.

So i'm going to try and customize it a little more extensively and I'll throw the pics up when I'm done, thanks for all your input guys

2. Joe Sixpack

Joe Sixpack Guest

oh i hate to hear that, want to paint mine but i fear scratches to be a problem.

3. well I've heard of an adhesion promoter called "Sand Free" that is supposed to work really well with plastics and polomers, so if this one has a problem i'm going to try that, but for now I'm just using Transtar black primer, its automotive grade, and I've got a friend that used to work at a body shop and he helped me prep it this time around so it should work out great

4. Ari

Ari Guest

Duracoat is the answer it is made just for this problem

5. cmanhome

cmanhome Guest

My C9

I don't have pics yet but I used Charcoal Grey Metallic on my grips and it looks pretty sharp. I have also used Cordova Brown Metallic on some of my guns grips before and they look good. Both are auto paints and I paint them
    with Clear Coat when finished. Will post some pics as soon as the paint is dry.
    cmanhome

------------------------------------

NRA member
    Florida CWP holder

6. cmanhome

cmanhome Guest

My C9

I don't have pics yet but I used Charcoal Grey Metallic on my grips and it looks pretty sharp. I have also used Cordova Brown Metallic on some of my guns grips before and they look good. Both are auto paints and I paint them
    with Clear Coat when finished. Will post some pics as soon as the paint is dry.
    cmanhome

------------------------------------

NRA member
    Florida CWP holder