Rear sight for 995 TS

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by littledog, Jan 11, 2015.

1. littledog

littledog Wiener of Mas Destruction Member

IOWA
    First I am computer illiterate and keyboard impaired so you may get a laugh at some of my post. Will a A R sight work with my front sight I can drill and tap the front sight it to lower it if needed. I would like to keep the sight radius as long as I can. I have found a few A R sight with a v notch in them. On a side note I pick up some ZQI red box 123 grain FMJ at Wal mart for $9.00 a box. Ten shot avg 1359fps with a spread of 47fps Groups were good. This is 159fps faster than Remington umc 115 grain fmj Thanks Little dog

2. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    Nope. HP rear sights are lower than AR15 rear sights.

You would have to raise the front HP sight significantly rather than lowering it.

3. Or, what about putting a riser under the ar rear sight? I had to put .375 riser under my scope rings to get it high enough. So couldn't you put a.250 or.312 riser under the ar sight?

4. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN

That would make the problem even worse. The AR rear sight is already taller than a HP rear sight.

5. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

WELCOME from the home state of Hi Point!

I tried to sight in a AR Carry handle on a TS model last year with NO success. I do have a matching Carry Handle & a front sight on a ATI stock with the full length top rail. I have only shot it about 25 yrds with 1 mag, 10rds at 3" group.

Attached Files:

6. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY

Good Q, (I was wondering too) thanx for the answer MN_D!
    ...and thanx for speaking human, youse two doggies :D

Isn't the front sight adjustable? But not enough?
    Seems this has been done before... Maybe why I came up with the 45* sights and scope combo for myself (when I do it) ;)