Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a topic to see what people think of the necessity, usefullness, downfalls, etc.. of installing recoil buffers in the following:

AK clones
SKS
10/22

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I have and always use a recoil buffer in my 10/22's. I think they really soften the feel of the bolt cycling and lord knows they quiet it down considerably.

Don't have any experience with the others.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I use one in my SKS and it does help the recoil .. which isn't bad to begin with..

G

·
I use one in my SKS and it does help the recoil .. which isn't bad to begin with..
Question for you. My roommate has a sks so when I read him your post he seemed excited but asked...where does it go?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
behind the bolt.... it sits back by the rear takedown pin under the receiver cover!

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
I have recoil buffers in my 1911, Glock 17, and WASR-10 (AK). In all mine I could see a significant reduction in recoil. The AK in particular seemed to benefit. I'd definitely recommend it. I got my AK buffer from BlackJack Buffers.

Been thinking about getting one for the 10/22 just to soften the impact and reduce wear.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I too use recoil buffers in my SKS and Ruger 10/22, I can tell they are working. They don't make much noise(not that I could hear, I'm deaf) and the recoil is softer.

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
only reason I think they might be needed is on an older weapon that's a little more used. Or maybe one you intend to fire a lot. I don't see much use for them personally

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.