recoil spring rod

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by damageinc, Apr 23, 2008.

1. damageinc

damageinc Guest

I just cleaned my c9 yesterday and when I took the slide off, the recoil spring popped out. The question I have is does the recoil spring guide rod belong up at the front of the gun or the back. It was attacehd to the spring when it popped out, so I don't know. The diagram of all of the C9 parts shows it up front, but I didn't know if that was right. I just recently saw a picture of a Sig where it was behind the spring. Thanks in advance!

2. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Deja Vu??? Place the rod into the spring, rod end points away from the grip.

3. damageinc

damageinc Guest

thanks, didn't know where to post this topic.

4. AndrewST

AndrewST Guest

Watch out for those flying gun parts, trust me when I say they don't feel good in the eye!

5. I did the same thing when I first got my JCP 40 and just assumed that the rod would go on the end protruding from the frame. fortunately I was right,... this time!!! My JCP 40 was my first pistol and proved to be a great learning pistol. Even now, after having shot many difrent makes and calabers, I still love my Hi-Point 40.