recoil springs?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by case, Apr 30, 2015.

1. case

case Member

How often do you need new recoil spring?

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

There is no specific answer to that. When yours wears out. Could be 1000 rounds, could be 5000 rounds, could need replaced after 10 rounds.
    Varies per gun.

3. case

case Member

Gotcha . Bought my c9 new in feb. Put close to 1000 rounds thru it and now sometimes I have to tap the back of slide to chamber next round. Kind of annoying.

4. talon

talon the banned wagon

1000 rounds in 3 month, and there's some wear? Yea, totally unacceptable.

5. case

case Member

So weak spring causing this...figured...guess imma see if theyll ship me one or if I ha e to ship them my gun

6. case

case Member

Im very happy with my c9...I had some feeding issues at the beginning but I attribute that to needing broke in, I did a few things and got it feeding reliably for about 600+ rounds now.

7. case

case Member

Just got off the phone with mom... se din me all new springs

8. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Tried cleaning it?

9. talon

talon the banned wagon

Uhm my comment was sarcasm. Wear at 1000 rounds in that short of a time frame should be expected.

10. case

case Member

Lol I was aware of the sarcasm...im somewhat new yo firearms... the c9 is only my 3rd weapon. I also have a s&w 38 special and a jennings .380... and yes, I cleaned my c9 after every trip to the range

11. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

On the underside of the slide there is a channel that the doll's head rides in you need to make sure that you clean it real well I had the same issue and cleaning it resolve the problem

12. case

case Member

Yea its a pain getting in there but I took some qtips and cleaned that out .

13. case

case Member

I couldnt have asked for more for $170.00

14. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    $170? You got ripped off. My JHP was only $160.:p

15. planosteve

Cabela's ad came out all HP pistols are $50 off. So $129 for the 9mm to $149 for a JHP.

16. case

case Member

Yea I started seeing the price drop some after I bought mine... it did come with a case and knife tho... anybody got an opinion on the taurus pt809 or s&w sd9ve? I like them both... tryin to make up my mind on which one to get. Its only about a $30 or $40 price difference where I live

17. planosteve

No experience with the Taurus but the Smith is a very good value and a good pistol.

18. case

case Member

Im leaning towards the smith. The taurus goes for about $290 while the s&w goes from anywhere to $310 to $330. Ive heard better reviews about the sd9ve. I think ive made up my mind