Red Bull Air Race - Detroit

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Milehile, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Milehile

Milehile Guest

Hey guys. I went to the Red Bull Air Race here in Detroit and took a lot of photos. I also took a video with my camera and posted it on youtube. Check it out; [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOAmuKCR-ZY[/ame]

If you want to check out some of the pics I took, send me a PM and I'll e-mail them to ya.

2. Those dudes are nuts!!!!!!! that is so awesome

3. Wish I could of went to that!!! I was at work:(

4. That is controlled insanity right there guys.... I would LOVE to be sitting in the hot seat. Yeah, I am that crazy.

5. 69burbon

69burbon Well-Known Member

Some of my buddies work at the RenCen (General Motors HQ) which is right where the races took place. Those planes were buzzing the office all last week.

6. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Cool show. I notice that they on the Canadian side of the river. Last time I was there, I ate at Spago's, and it was significantly colder with the snow and such.

7. Milehile

Milehile Guest

That was me who took the video. I had to go to the Canadian side because the Detroit side was sold out. How unfortunate for me. My dad and I thought that we didn't need our passports until the end of next year. Well, come to find out, we don't need passports, but we do need our birth certificates if we didn't have passports. So, we got held up at the border for almost an hour going in, and about a half an hour coming back. Damn Canadians.

8. elguapo

elguapo Guest

I understand. I was there in January '05. We took the tunnel going over with no problem at all on either side. Coming back, we get to the US side, and the guy actually asked us "Where are you coming from?"

I SOOOOO wanted to point back down the tunnel and say "Back there."

Swear to god, the latest dealings with the BP down here has been more jovial. One guy asked about the antennas on the work van, and asked if they were for people to hold on, like in the movies. I guess its nice to be in a marked work vehicle.