Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 995 at a gun show this spring, and mounted it to the ATI stock. I also mounted the Moerse Lekker barrel shroud, and have been thinking about sight arrangements.

I decided to purchase an NCStar DLB140R from a seller on eBay. This is a 40mm red dot / laser combo, independently adjustable. I'm going to try to attach some pics (keeping fingers crossed).

I mounted the "factory" rail in place of the rear sight, and quickly mounted and adjusted the quick-release NCStar to the rail. I really like the looks of the package.

I'll take it for a spin this weekend and try sighting it in.

Last pic shows a somewhat fuzzy (sorry) thru-tube view of the laser (not the "red dot").

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's a neat sight. How much do they go for?

I use a BSA RD30 and mounted a BSA laser on the ATI side rails. The sight holds true very well, but the laser loses alignment after a few clips have gone through.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
If it holds zero it should work fine, just rather have laser on a push button easily accessed by support hand than on the scope.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it holds zero it should work fine, just rather have laser on a push button easily accessed by support hand than on the scope.
I agree, but I'm not crazy about the idea of a (forward) rail-mounted laser on the ATI stock (and I don't want to give up my barrel shroud). I'm afraid of possible interference with my preferred support hand position.

Your stature and grip may provide different results.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
The only laser I have mounted is on a 40SW Kel-Tek Sub2K and its mounted at the end of the barrel just rear of the front sight(hi-point sight) it just seems to work much better there than on rails. As my HD rifle it just had to be set up for low/no light conditions its the only use I see for a laser on a rifle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts