Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen these for sigs, glocks, and others, any chance of developing these for the .45 .380 9mm .40 pistols. I bought the ones that slide on to the barrell and i hate them, they just dont fit in the holsters right anymore.
Would like to see them, hope you can do this.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
God ? Is that short for Good old dad ?

It doesnt hurt to ask, even though it might not happen , still gotta ask

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
I think this is the index for suggestions to Hi Point itself, isnt it?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
can we say reading way to much into the post :lol: Based on the section this was posted in I think he is asking Hi-Point :!:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
God I would love this. I would pay $100 or maybe more for a set of these. But that wont happen at that price. The cheapest I have seen them for other firearms is over $250.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That sux they make them for some of the schitty guns on the mkt and not for one of the best.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I called Crimson Trace a while back and they most firmly said NO WAY EVER would they EVER make one for a [shudder] Hi Point
Maybe one they'll change their tune or go broke.
WHEN, not if, the gun community finally becomes fully aware, swallows what pride they have left, admits HP's are good weapons, admits they can no longer afford their "better" ones, so they cringe at the thought of spending a third less, but do it anyway, the aftermarket will produce whatever we want.
Sheer volume in numbers of requests for something they don't/won't make will give them second thoughts, versus lacking sales of the stuff they do make.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello All!

I recently contacted Crimson Trace, and they politely told me that High Point isn't in their future plans.

I'm a bit surprised that someone hasn't figured out a way to mod one of their grips for a High Point.

I have the 45, and I think one of their grip lasers can be modded. They are rubber, and I have a heat gun that may be able to stretch the rubber. Also, rubber can be easily cut with a utility knife.

I think this could be done, as long as one stays away from the wiring, light and switch.

Steve

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hello All!

I recently contacted Crimson Trace, and they politely told me that High Point isn't in their future plans.

I'm a bit surprised that someone hasn't figured out a way to mod one of their grips for a High Point.

I have the 45, and I think one of their grip lasers can be modded. They are rubber, and I have a heat gun that may be able to stretch the rubber. Also, rubber can be easily cut with a utility knife.

I think this could be done, as long as one stays away from the wiring, light and switch.

Steve
I have been thinking about this since a couple weeks after I got my c9. I got the CT catalog and I think that one of the glock underbarrel trigger guard mount ones might work. I have to measure everything on the c9 and the glock to be sure. The only mod that I think might have to be made is to round the trigger guard on the c9 a bit. Thats if the length and width are compatable. If it will work I will post which model CT has that works. Might take me a while to get bucks to do it myself.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Personally, I don't like lasers on a pistol, just flashlights. If you have a LAM unit, or some other secondary flashlight available, you'll be able to aquire your target using your iron sights anyway. Now, I am not going to argue that lasers don't make things easier to get on target, but personally, I have no use for them. On carbines, that's a different story. I have a laser on my 995, I just need to sight it in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.