Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm looking to mount my Primary Arms micro red dot with the PA 3x magnifier on my 1095. I know one option to ensure those two line up is to use the Primary Arms Lower 1/3 Cowitness Mount with the PA Flip To Side Magnifier Mount - Standard Height. Another option is to use the PA Absolute Cowitness Mount with the GG&G Flip To Side Magnifier Mount - 30mm.

I'm not aware of any other combos of risers and flip-to-side magnifier mounts that will necessarily line up with each other, and I'm wondering if anyone is aware of more options, since I like to shop around.

For clarity, I'm not looking to cowitness with iron sights - those will have to come off to fit the red dot and magnifier.

·
Administrator
24,594 Posts
You do realize that a co-witness directly involves the iron sights? Otherwise, it's not a co-witness. It's just called lining up your RDS with the magnifier.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You do realize that a co-witness directly involves the iron sights? Otherwise, it's not a co-witness. It's just called lining up your RDS with the magnifier.
Right, and yes I do realize. Not looking for cowitness (even though some of the linked product names use the term). Just looking for combos of RDS mounts and magnifier mounts that will cause the sight and magnifier to line up.

Not sure if that's unique to the given sight and/or magnifier that's chosen, or if any pair of mounts could work as long as they're the same height.

I do have a couple of different pair options above that the Primary Arms folks helpfully explained for me, but was just wondering if anyone knows of any other mounts that'll line up RDS and magnifier on a HI Point carbine.

·
Administrator
24,594 Posts
It's one of those things that is complicatedly simple. You need to know the technical specs of the equipment you're mounting to find the height-to-center over rail of both pieces, then find the corresponding riser to line them up as close as possible.

·
Premium Member
21,300 Posts
Damn! Primary Arms sure is in love with their mounts. I bought some for my PA magnifiers for $29 from PA. They don't sell that part any more.

UTG on Amazon, Monstrum etc is a lot less money for risers.

You still have the factory rails?

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Registered
14 Posts
Prolly just a data point for you, but ... my Eotech G33 on slap -to-side lines up perfectly with my Holosun 510c. No, this setup doesn't ride my HTA 1095. But the G33 is my last magnifier (been on a LPVO kick) so reporting 'cause this combo performs exceptionally well.

You didn't ask but I'm running a 3x Prism Scope on the HTA 1095. Clearly it lines up well with itself.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn! Primary Arms sure is in love with their mounts. I bought some for my PA magnifiers for $29 from PA. They don't sell that part any more.

Thanks for the tip - I'll look into UTG and Monstrum. As long as they're reliable I don't need anything special in a scope or mount, so I appreciate lower cost options. And yes, I still have the factory rails on for now, but I plan to attach the aluminum picatinny rail I got from Downrange Products and put everything on that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Prolly just a data point for you, but ... my Eotech G33 on slap -to-side lines up perfectly with my Holosun 510c. No, this setup doesn't ride my HTA 1095. But the G33 is my last magnifier (been on a LPVO kick) so reporting 'cause this combo performs exceptionally well.

You didn't ask but I'm running a 3x Prism Scope on the HTA 1095. Clearly it lines up well with itself.
Those all sound like good solutions. I like the idea of a LPVO, especially for rifle calibers, but where the carbine handles best out to 100 yards and 200 is a stretch, I decided the quick acquisition of a red dot was ideal, with a flip magnifier for longer shots. Comes down to your uses and preferences, I suppose.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,876 Posts

I personally have had good luck with UTG (no optics experiences, however) and Monstrum.
I have a fixed 4x, illuminated reticle "scope" on my 4595D and Reaper had the Monstrum Prism scope.
Both got thumbs up from the respective owners. The prism seemed like a very sweet piece for the money.

🤑

·
Registered
427 Posts
Been a while since I ran a PA 5x magnifier with a QD mount (not flip to side) but it lined up fine with my TRS-25 and a .75” riser which Co-witnessed with the fixed front/flipup rear sights on that AR upper.

I think on an AR a TRS-25 with a .75” riser was absolute cowitness and .83” risers gave lower 1/3 witness.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Forgot to add, Magnifying the dot as well got annoying so I ditched the 5x, great for target identification but did nothing for accuracy on paper. Found a 1-4x20 scope with a dot in a 65moa etched reticle that wound up being a lighter, better setup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts