Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Looks good but that site pisses me off. The reviews of their products are always such bs. They are always postive, and claim the item always works perfect. They never publish any negative experience comments, which is not right.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks good but that site pisses me off. The reviews of their products are always such bs. They are always postive, and claim the item always works perfect. They never publish any negative experience comments, which is not right.
yea, you only get both reviews at midway.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not sure I understand the reason for a laser with a red dot scope. Esp if they are mounted together. I guess if the laser they are separate, and you are shooting at a different range than what the scope is sighted in at. But then, only if the laser is parallel with the barrel, and you know you will be over/beside where the laser is pointing. But, if that were the case, why even have the red dot scope?
I am sure there is a reason, I just do not know what it is, and I am far from the experienced one here.
BTW, I have the red dot on my 995, and at 25 meters it is dead on. All the time, every time.

·
Premium Member
1,724 Posts
I put a Sightmrk Red Dot (Model # SM13002) on my 995 last month. After bore sighting and using the windage and elevation adjustments on the Red Dot, it is point of aim/point of contact. The SM 13002 has a laser on the side (built in), but after using the four reticles, I see no reason for the laser. Thought there may be redeeming social value if you are using the front iron sight, but you can't see it because the red dot is i the way! Hindsight says no laser!

·
Si vis pacem para bellum
548 Posts
I installed a red dot on my 995 ts. Its ok but I like a scope better. I wouldn't buy a red dot again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.