Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had forgotten this much to my own shame and thought some being too young may have never seen it before. Red was one of those rare individuals that understood the human condition in ways most never will. Please enjoy.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Red Skelton was good stuff.

I don't think the kids recite the pledge anymore, at least not as far as I know. I just wish they'd go back to the pre 1954 version.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Thanks for that post. I remember watching Red when I was young. We've come a long way since then and not all for the better, and the Pledge still makes me stand tall and feel good to live in this country.!

·
Badges? Wha Stinkn Badges
113 Posts
Yeah ol Red Skelton and I think Johnathon Winters was on afterwards or so...Man been a long time. Nice reminder tho of what it's all about.

TO THE REPUBLIC GENTLEMEN!!!

-JJ

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really do miss those guys, or perhaps I miss the times and the idealism. Either way it makes me want to be a better person fail as I might.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I'm torn on the pledge: I honestly think it should be up to the individual, but signs of respect (hand over the heart, removal of hat, etc) should be required. Forcing someone to pledge to something removes the movtives for doing such a thing. That is *my* position, simply because my words have meaning, and I'm not going to say something because I'm "supposed" to.

But, also with that being said, Red Skelton was truly a unique and talented man... no doubt there. It's true we could use a great deal more entertainers with his skill these days. Not enough professional entertainers of that grade out there, and too many hacks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.