Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just got back from the range. Right off second shot FTF clear the jam two shots bam another FTF. So different mag and different ammo same thing . Is there anything i can to make these mags run better? thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
So just got back from the range. Right off second shot FTF clear the jam two shots bam another FTF. So different mag and different ammo same thing . Is there anything i can to make these mags run better? thanks
Mr. Harley,

I have run thousands of rounds through my 995TS out of five different RB magazines. There has not ever been a single failure of any kind. I use CCI Blazer Brass 5200 115 gr FMJ exclusively. It is the test round that Mom uses before shipping a 995TS.

That being said, which Hi-Point are you referring to and what ammunition are you using?

·
Administrator
24,922 Posts
If I recall, he's running a 995 with a charging handle he doesn't like but ran perfectly at the range and he never had to move the sights out of the box...

·
Premium Member
36,038 Posts
First step...try different ammo.

Second...describe what FTF means in this case. Failure to FEED, not fail to fire, I assume?
Is it not stripping right? Or at all? Not seating in the chamber right? Half way? More or less? Not going into battery?
Double feed? Extraction and ejection is good?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First step...try different ammo.

Second...describe what FTF means in this case. Failure to FEED, not fail to fire, I assume?
Is it not stripping right? Or at all? Not seating in the chamber right? Half way? More or less? Not going into battery?
Double feed? Extraction and ejection is good?
Failure to feed I did try different ammo same thing. But it seems that when i had factory mag in it did not FTF.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Failure to feed I did try different ammo same thing. But it seems that when i had factory mag in it did not FTF.
I just thought of something else. I load my magazines with a mag loader. Then i saw a youtube video and he did not a mag loader he just kept pushing the rounds in and not FTF. So im thinking that have something to do with it.

·
Administrator
24,922 Posts
I just thought of something else. I load my magazines with a mag loader. Then i saw a youtube video and he did not a mag loader he just kept pushing the rounds in and not FTF. So im thinking that have something to do with it.
Did you fully seat the rounds to the rear of the mag by giving it a whack before you stuffed it in the rifle, or just slap them in and let'er eat? It seems like such an innocuous action, but it really can solve a lot of problems.

Reactions: Celtic

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you fully seat the rounds to the rear of the mag by giving it a whack before you stuffed it in the rifle, or just slap them in and let'er eat? It seems like such an innocuous action, but it really can solve a lot of problems.
Well i did smack the mag butt maybe not hard enough. Do you think it could be magazine loader because the you video i just saw he loaded the rounds with out the use of a magazine loader. thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well i did smack the mag butt maybe not hard enough. Do you think it could be magazine loader because the you video i just saw he loaded the rounds with out the use of a magazine loader. thanks
Like Rachgier said, I tap the mags too, and I make sure that each round is pushed and seated all the way back before inserting the next round. I also have used Mom's magazine loader since day 1 with no problems.

And ... I don't know if this has helped or not, but a NY Smokey Bear Academy Weapons Chief Instructor told me to put the twenty rounds into a siliconed pistol sack and squeeze them around for about three seconds and then perform the load. He said doing so gives just the right amount of extra slipperiness to the rounds.

·
Administrator
24,922 Posts
The 'butt' of the magazine is the bottom, in case your using the term wrong. You want to hit the spine of the mag so that the rounds seat fully to the rear of the magazine. 9mm are a tapered case and misalignment can cause the rims to hang up on each other and create feed issues.

I have used mag loaders for every pistol caliber I own, other than 45 colt, and mags just run better when you give them a proper whack before stuffing them in a weapon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts