Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RK46..see the holes? They go thru to the bore at a back angle,meaning they angle backwards towards the shooter,thus gases direct the barrell downward and forward at the same time and do not cover the entire diameter of the comp,just the upper 180 Deg's.The barrell extends into the compensator 1 1/2" and serves double duty to keep the upper hand guard in place since I removed the front sight.Have'nt had time to go to the range to prove the theory yet on the angles yet but I am looking forward to it.My good friend installed the other 1 on his 995,his is all black and I actually think his looks better with it.Hmm,,, may have to camo paint the redot and the comp in the near future.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
that looks good, where did you get that barrel shroud/ comp thing ?
He made it himself. Says it took like 8 hours. Looks pretty good huh?

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update on the compensator...Went to the range yesterday... blew a whole box of WWB - 115 FMJ's downrange.Compensator worked as designed,clamping system is good,pressure relief pattern ( holes ) worked as designed.No FTF's or FTE's,weapon performed as designed.
The only problem was with the Redot I installed.Got on paper fine at about 10 yrds,went to 25 and inaccurate as all heck couldn't even hit the target.Went back to 10 yds was not even on the paper there either.Had to re-zero the dot,got back in the bulls eye and went back to 25 yds. and had the same result.Could not get on target.
This is my first Redot but not my first attempt at sighting in a scope.Also sighted in a new scope on my .22LR ..took about 30 mins.New scope on the .243 also about 30-45 mins.So I realize I do know what I'm doin' with scopes,,but this Redot has me bumfuzzled.Checked the receiver cover,,still tight.Checked the rail..still tight.Checked the Redot mounts,,,still tight...Anybody got any ideas before I take it off nad put the iron sights back on it ?

·
Premium Member
1,724 Posts
When I bought a Sightmark Red Dot, I had the gun dealer install it (bought at a gun show.) I asked him to sight it in for 50 yds. When I took it to the range I could not even hit the 24" x 36" paper target! Thankfully, I had my laser boresighter with me. The Red Dot was waaaay off! A little adjustment to the laser windage and elevation and I was punching holes in the black. It was so easy to sight in all my other rifles when I use the laser bore sighter.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
man that actualy looks pretty good I like the extended look..
I agree.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.