Reduced power spring set

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by bluharley, Apr 6, 2015.

1. bluharley

bluharley Member

I've ordered a reduced power spring set for my Kahr. It consists of a striker spring and a blocker spring. It's supposed to reduce the trigger from 8 lbs to 5.5 lbs. I'm wondering if I can leave the original blocker spring in and just use the striker spring. I understand they work together and the reduction would not be what it's supposed to be, but I would like to leave the safety feature in tact. What do you think of that?

2. bluharley

bluharley Member

So anyway......I got my spring set from Galloway Precision. Turns out the blocker spring is the same as the original, so it's just a selling point to justify the $20, I guess. The striker spring is definitely lighter than the original. I also got a grip overlay, which I also like. So $40 was a lot for a spring and an overlay, but I've spent $40 on a lot less.

3. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    How does it feel when you cycle the action, now?

4. bluharley

bluharley Member

I worked on some rough spots on the slide and frame too, so it's real smooth now. I don't think the striker spring changed the slide action much, but the trigger is lighter. That's all I was hoping for.

5. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    If the trigger is lighter, then I would say that it was $40 well spent.

6. bluharley

bluharley Member

Yea, I dry fired all morning waiting for the mail. As soon as it got here I did the swap and dry fired and I could tell there was a substantial difference. So I got what I wanted.