Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I love my 995 Carbine, I did not like the look of the receiver cover "bluing". I think it makes the rifle look "cheap". I decided to re-coat the receiver cover with a different look. I used VHT Hi Temp Wrinkle finish paint, which has been around since my '55 Chevy days..... I also did the same to the muzzle brake. It's a very durable finish. You can bake it in a oven (my mother wanted to kill me way back when I did my valve covers in her oven) or use a heat gun to cure it.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Man that is a sweet look. Does the stuff hold up pretty good? I am just curious about the area around the charging handle.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I was going to try and hunt down one of those chrome receiver covers for my new 995TS, but after seeing your photos maybe I'll try the wrinkle cure instead! It looks like it'd really go well with the TS stock.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
That looks great, I want to try that myself.

Ron M.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nothing special with the prep, just cleaned it up good with alcohol, used a Scotch Britte pad, cleaned it again and sprayed it according to the directions on the can. I have a homemade oven that I used to cure it, or use a heat gun if you are carefull. You can also let it air dry, but the wrinkles will be larger. It's pretty durable stuff with a little care. The charging handle doesn't seem to be a problem, and if it does eventually rub a little on the edges it won't be noticeable

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
I have to say I really like this!! Might have to do this to my 995TS......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts